Reconnaissance or main battle tank

Tankies probably wont exist in a few years anyway. On ops most tankies are drivers on warthog/mastiff etc. 9/12 do formation reconnaissance.

P

PrinceAlbert

Do the main battle tank regiments have a recce side in there regt?? I want the best of both worlds :)
You have the whole of the internet, and you come on here to ask bone questions?! It's all out there......go and explore.

Do the main battle tank regiments have a recce side in there regt?? I want the best of both worlds :)
"best of both worlds" you say ?! ........... that's what my mate from 2 para mortars says !?.........oooooooer missus ;)

Sent from my iPad using ARRSE app, because I have been pushed into the 21st century !

Thought it was 3 para mortars that were the benders?
It is, I think Harry was a bit pissed that night and got his DZ flashes mixed up!

Recce's good, would love to have done MBT. However track bashing on an MBT looks about as much fun as your mother picking the clangers out of your arse after 2 weeks in the field. At least on CVR(T) you can do almost all of it manually apart from the actual ripping the engine or gearbox out.

Thought it was 3 para mortars that were the benders?
you read it wrong again, 3 Paras from the mortar platoon of 49 Para have been outed as benders, ok fixed it for you craphat.

"9/12 do formation reconnaissance". In an amateur sort of way.

Must have been one of those DZ gangbangs.........it all gets sooooooo confusing !

Sent from my iPad using ARRSE app, because I have been pushed into the 21st century !

The Queens Royal hussars are a main battle tank regiment, but they also have a reconnaissance section, I think its a squadron in terms of numbers but im not 100%. But they definitely have a reconnaissance bit. But i think generally, the forward recconaissance regiments gather the information for the MBT regiments, so there is no need to have their own sections

Each tank regt has a close Recce troop. 8 scimitars that work in pairs and all led by a senior Capt. Unlike formation Recce who operate far ahead (and usually to the Div comd) close Recce doesn't stray too far forward of the regt. Most important is that they are the COs dedicated asset where as formation Recce could be pulled away on another task and without his close Recce, he'd be more or less blind.

Sorry. My recruiter said there will be tankies in the future because the next wars are going to be armoured. I'm gunna miss afghan anyway if the 'pull out' date Is correct

It is, I think Harry was a bit pissed that night and got his DZ flashes mixed up!

Recce's good, would love to have done MBT. However track bashing on an MBT looks about as much fun as your mother picking the clangers out of your arse after 2 weeks in the field. At least on CVR(T) you can do almost all of it manually apart from the actual ripping the engine or gearbox out.

So your basis on the choice of Armoured or Recce is based on the fact that you are an idle ****?

If 'most' of it is done manually, what part of the CVR(T) work is done automatically? But 'ripping' out the engine and gearbox does sound very macho as opposed to carrying out a pack or transmission lift.