Recommended specs for the troopers beltkit?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by STAB-fusilier, Jan 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i am considering invest some of my hard earned into a troopers plce set, does any one consider one mod better than any other. i.e ammo pouches with box lids or flaps?
  2. I; from personal experience, which i wont say is extensive; recommend triple utility pouches for webbing.

they keep stuff together and stop stuff rattling to much and comfortable.
  3. Buy from Jaysjays instead?
  4. i think that troopers have better quality? also i have contacted the shop and they seemed very helpful when i was asking about it. BM whats your experience with dragon/troopers/jayjays??
  5. You cannot beat Jayjays for quality. However, it is more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

I am in the area of Colchester. Dragons DON'T DO!. Troopers, are getting better and even Jayjays has commented on their quality (their kit still isn't as robust as Jayjays, the patrol yoke is excellent though).

Would recommend Jayjays Webbing

Attached Files:

6. cheers matey, does anyone have any more info on troopers specs and different options that are functional in the field?
  7. I have found that there ammo pouches are fine if you have 3 mags in them but when there is only one or 2 in them the mags fall out the side of the lid, so a box style lid is far superior and holds what ever quantity you require securely
  8. yeh i didnt think about that to be honest, i think that we need cutaway on this forum! are the fixed female clips anygood?
  9. No, the fixed female clips are shite, very dificult to do/undo with gloved hands, and quite brittle too [in my experience].
  10. If you buy the large clips from America (as I do), you can get them in other colours than black, they are very robust, and large enough to use gloved hands. They are very cheap if you buy them in bulk. Don't be ripped off paying £4 for UK ones, get the american issue.

1"Surface Mount buckle -Supply Captain
  11. Vanguard Webbing is true quality and the Belt kit allows you to add different pouches,
  12. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

I've tried a troopers rig, but to be honest I couldn't see any point in it beyond the allyness. I can do pretty much the same thing with PLCE, a utility strap and a bit of jiggery pokery.

Having said that, the quality was excellent and the rig was indeed comfortable. The problems would start coming when you break a clip, or slash a pouch - or need to swap a pouch for whatever reason. Get the box lids on ammo pouches (the flap ones just dont seem right to me) and make sure you get the right size!
  13. Belt kit?

Are of 'them'?
  14. Personally I would recommend Jay Jays, belt kit made exactly as you want it. I have had mine for 7 years and it has taken a hammering and never failed.