Recommended solicitors with experience of LSAP?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by 101_Disciple, Jan 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi. I'm thinking of buying my first property in the Bristol area (I'm due to be assigned there shortly, I qualify for SSSA, but I'm keen to buy my own place and Bristol seems as good as any). I intend to use my LSAP allowance, however I'd like to instruct a solicitor who is aware of the process. I've been told that using a solicitor who is aware of the LSAP process can make things a bit more painless.

Can anyone therefore recommend any solicitors with experience of LSAP? I haven't bought a house before, but I'm assuming correspondence with the solicitor can all be done by post, so geographical location isn't such an issue?

All help gratefully received.
  2. Whilst that is certainly the case, don't count on JPAC being competent. It took them 11 weeks to deal with my LSAP application. My solicitor was very good though and knows the LSAP process but she's a) a moose to look at and b) in Swansea. If you want her details, feel free to PM me if you don't get any recommended solicitors closer to Brizzle.
  3. my solicitor had done quite a few she said but it still took about 8 weeks. Dont think shes workig anymore though and she was in cumbria.
  4. LSAP is not the drama it used to be. It is no longer a second mortgage on the porperty thereby causing some mortgage lenders to be reticent in providing a mortgage to service personnel who are taking out LSAP; it is now an employer's loan. The big thing to do is put the paperwork in, chase your clerk every week toe ensure the CO signs it and hand in the contact number of Centurion to the solicitors and get them to phone them everyday!! That was a lot more successful than phoning myself as a real solicitors threatening Centurion with legal action was deemed much more serious than myself doing the same!!!
  5. When did this change? As i got mine in April and it was still a second mortgage then.
  6. Changeed when I got mine Feb 2009. You can search for the DIN or ask JPAC for the notice.

7. Glad to see they have sorted this out. When I applied many moons ago they turned me down because I had used some of the money from a house sale about 18 months earlier to clear my debts rather than keep it all for my next house.
  8. Hmm intresting asi got mine in April 2009 and i thaught it was secured against the house. Not that it really matters is still owe nearly £8k