Recommended Motorcycle Schools in UK

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Golf_one_one, Oct 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bit of advice required,

Does anyone on here have any recommendations for a Motorcycle School?

I'm looking at completing Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) then doing a Direct Access Scheme (DAS) over a few weeks or so, first few months of 2009.

Does anyone know a forces friendly (discounts??) Bike School?
    Midlands/South England would suit, however im flexible.

Thanks in advance

2. Telephone the D.S.A. for a comprehensive list.
  3. Good luck.

I believe they have put back the New motorcycle test roll out date. It was meant to be starting in Oct 2008. They may have put it back to July [need confirmation though]

You may be lucky and not have to do it.

What bike are you interested in?
  4. I can't recommend these guys enough! riverview fella who runs the school is an ex team GB clay shooter very friendly and will even put you up at his house whilst you do your test
  5. Phoenix in Amesbury, Run by an ex squaddie
  6. This guy is in Mytchett not far from Keogh Bks.

He's been doing it for years & taught loads of Army guys.
  7. I did my CBT and DAS at Camrider in Cambridge, but they do have a couple of other centres in North London. Passed on the second attempt. Good bunch of guys, who i would recommend. The guys in Cambridge are used to dealing with the military as they get a lot of students from the local military establishments.

8. MCT Services in Chesterfield on 01246 203929.
    His name is Stuart, or if she answers...Elaine.
    They are my in-laws. I trained as a CBT1/ DAS M/C Instructor with them at Cardington, although no longer do it myself. He is a Police trained instructor.
    Those of you who know me...can confirm I had a 100% pass rate at Chilwell when I took the lads for training.
    Or look here MCT Services
  9. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I work for Silver Bikes Motorcycle Training based in Havant (Near Portsmouth) The owner of the business is ex-RAF and the senior instructor is ex-Army. You would find it a military friendly atmosphere.

The website is:
  10. Anyone from the Catterick area may wish to look up Jim's motorcycle training in Darlington. Me and the Missus passed first time with him. He teaches you to ride not just to pass the test.
  11. Ace Motorcycle Training in bournemouth area. Run by ex soldier. He will sort you out a forces discount im sure, tell him Fubar with the CBR put you on to him!