RECOMMENDATION FOR QUARTER CLEANING SERVICE - BULFORD AREA??

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by cbtengr, Oct 23, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone recommend a decent company that cleans quarters around the Bulford area without ripping you off? There's a company in Larkhill, but I'm told they are sh*te

2. Clean it yourself.

3. Who the f*ck removed my reply?

[​IMG]

4. I used the company from Larkhill, who coincidentally have the DHE contract anyway (why go o the admin office and pay more for the same thing?). Had no problems: their rep was present at the march-out and they didn't get paid until the place passed. They were supposed to sweep out the garage/shed which they didn't but the estate warden wasn't fussed.

5. Lazy basta#d

6. You could try "Eager Beavers" which isn't (as the name might suggest) one of MDN's more downmarket films.

7. Thanks Ethel. A few people have told me that the Eager Beavers company was expensive and run by some dodgy people. I will check their prices though and see if there are any better companies around.

8. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

I passed that place the other day and it looked very shabby like it had closed down. I did hear that the bloke that ran it had been in front of the beak for some dodgy activity in the public gents.

9. DHE want you to pay someone to clean your quarter. Why?

If you clean it before you move out, and the quarter isn't occupied for a few weeks, then the new occupants are going to want it cleaned before they move in. ie DHE pays for cleaning.

If you pay someone else to do it, then DHE will get them to clean the quarter the day before the new occupants move in. ie DHE gets a 'free' clean.

I suppose the answere to your question is, how do you feel about the DHE getting your money?

10. To be honest, it seems to be getting a little rediculious. There are huge differences in the price you pay for the DHE clean between different areas. For instance, i paid a hundred and fifteen quid in aldershot and i know someone in the blandford area who has been quoted somewhere around 300.

Theres also differences in what a "clean" means. Sometimes your expected to do most of the bloody cleaning yourself anyway, do the garden, clean the cellar, do the bins etc.

I like the idea of just moving out, but with the cost and the caveats that are put on the service, i'm not sure its worth it.

Boney

11. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Try a company called "myhome" which has an office in Winchester. 0845 644 9059.

12. I took over a place in Larkhill that Eager Beavers "cleaned" the day before my occupancy - dreadful! Wouldn't touch them with a pointy stick. :evil:

13. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Did you complain to the DHE. They should have come back in and done it again.

14. 'Course I did - and was told "well, we won't expect you to clean it when you leave........" That's hardly the point!

15. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Agree. As someone points out above these b*stards have the DHE contract, they should be held to account.