• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Recommendation for Port

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Gentlement (and Ladies harrumph) I thought this the most appropriate forum as the years of experience that has been accumulated by our 'senior' (not senile) members should be of great help.

Christmas is but a short couple of months away and I am seeking the advice from fellow Arrsers for a nice Port to help the Christmas Lunch to slide its way down and also to raise to Aunty Betty at 3pm.

Obviously I would have to do some research and try out several prior to said event so how about some recommendations for a bottle of Port which you have found to be most palatable.

Over to Arrse.

A-Y

B

Biscuits_AB

Auld-Yin said:
Gentlement (and Ladies harrumph) I thought this the most appropriate forum as the years of experience that has been accumulated by our 'senior' (not senile) members should be of great help.

Christmas is but a short couple of months away and I am seeking the advice from fellow Arrsers for a nice Port to help the Christmas Lunch to slide its way down and also to raise to Aunty Betty at 3pm.

Obviously I would have to do some research and try out several prior to said event so how about some recommendations for a bottle of Port which you have found to be most palatable.

Over to Arrse.

A-Y
Buckfast not good enough for you this year then?

d'Arenberg McLaren Vale vintage fortified shiraz. It doesn't say "Port" on the label, so decant it before your guests see the bottle. Tastes like something that costs 5x the amount.

The Port from the Cadet Training Center at Frimley Park is more than adequate for the relatively small price of £10:50 per bottle

Zippy483

Hot tip, do canapes and sherry at 1200. That will keep them off your back whilst you prep' the rest.

That stops the, 'How long will it be brigade'.

And Taylors matey, a winner every time.

Sandemans port not bad,having paid a visit to Sandemans in PORTugal when i was in the Navy in the late 80's.Well we usualy had a brewry run every time we visited a port on a grey funnel liner.lol

Latest Threads