Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recommendation for Hearing system for watching TV

philc

LE
My Mum needs some help, she is looking for something for my Dad so he can listen to the TV at a normal persons volume. At the moment he has it cranked up so much any normal person is deafened. He has a hear aid but it does not seem to do the trick when it comes to the TV so looking for a way to help him hear better. Not something that plugs in to the Audio Out jack as that then seems to turn off the TV Speakers.

So bring some peace between the two of them and quiet for the rest of us with some tried and tested solution's.

Thanks

Ears ringing.

My Mum needs some help, she is looking for something for my Dad so he can listen to the TV at a normal persons volume. At the moment he has it cranked up so much any normal person is deafened. He has a hear aid but it does not seem to do the trick when it comes to the TV so looking for a way to help him hear better. Not something that plugs in to the Audio Out jack as that then seems to turn off the TV Speakers.

So bring some peace between the two of them and quiet for the rest of us with some tried and tested solution's.

Thanks

Ears ringing.

A soundbar with Bluetooth and wireless headphones?

Thanks

Ears ringing.
My mother had a rather neat rechargeable over-ear headset (that allowed normal volume on the TV and whatever volume she chose on the headset. I seem to recall it used the optical audio connector.

That was 8-10 years ago so nowadays, it really should be simple to find a solution.

None of the TV’s in our house even have an 'old fashioned' audio jack. To cut the TV speaker sound one has to use the mute or volume down buttons.

I use a bluetooth device that connects to a loop that you wear. Excellent bit of kit it is called the Mini Tech Pro

If your dad has modern hearing aids, there is probably a BlueTooth attachment available for use with TV sound, Cellphone and landline phone.

I have such equipment that operates with my Oticon hearing aids.

If you are UK resident and dependent on the NHS, you may have to 'go private'.

Most programmes have subtitles these days as well, which might help

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Gen dit, my grandmother was pretty deaf and also a bit of a nut job.

She used to wear a WW2 Zuckerman helmet when watching the box and swore it amplified the sound.

Latest Threads