Recognition challenge

Please can someone tell me what this is?

msr

Have you got access to it or did you get the photos from another site? If you have access, take a look around the breech and see if it has any factory markings, lettering or numbers.

It may give you a clue...

WhiteHorse said:
Not an Oerlikon is it? Does it have exposed springs along the barrel?
Seems to be AAA. Rotate the wheels up and it would be a tripod. Might it be a 30mm Hispania Suiza AA (acquired near Port Stanley)? Can't find a picture of one yet but it would explain its apparent trophy status. I recall that various pieces of Argentine kit fetched up in the UK afterward. I have seen similarly mounted twin barrel AAA in similar situations.

EDIT
Apparently current Argentine equipment in the photo below.
SECOND EDIT
This is a HispanoSuiza HS L81,6 apparently.

Is it a very large spoon for staring dangerous stew at a safe distance.

CutLunchCommando said:
WhiteHorse said:
Not an Oerlikon is it? Does it have exposed springs along the barrel?
Seems to be AAA. Rotate the wheels up and it would be a tripod. Might it be a 30mm Hispania Suiza AA (acquired near Port Stanley)? Can't find a picture of one yet but it would explain its apparent trophy status. I recall that various pieces of Argentine kit fetched up in the UK afterward. I have seen similarly mounted twin barrel AAA in similar situations.

EDIT
Apparently current Argentine equipment in the photo below.
SECOND EDIT
This is a HispanoSuiza HS L81,6 apparently.
Hmm, the barrel in MSR's photo appears similar to yours, might be an earlier version?

Actaully I have a feeling its one of ours.

Looks a little like a 20 mm Polsten AA gun geared for airborne use used during the war

NBy all acounts there was loads of different varients of this as they used any old gun and converted it this insclude the yank Hispano and the Oerilikon (sp)