Recognised as Old and Past it ..

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Such a kind young man saw me standing in the Tube on Tuesday and offered me his seat - I gestured to the girl standing in front of where he had been sitting that she should take it but she waved back that I should sit down - so I did, and grateful too, BUT I had no dea I looked so OLD to the general public!

Any similar experiences you oldies?

To my embarrassement, I've had girls arise from their seat to offer it to me on the Tube. I do struggle with a bottle of Bushmills at lunchtimes these days.

No.

But..... I had a walking stick made from a jungle Liana in Thailand and I was walking to the pub in UK with it to show the lads. When I got the the road the traffic stopped to let me cross...... So of course I had to act the part.

Such a kind young man saw me standing in the Tube on Tuesday and offered me his seat - I gestured to the girl standing in front of where he had been sitting that she should take it but she waved back that I should sit down - so I did, and grateful too, BUT I had no dea I looked so OLD to the general public!

Any similar experiences you oldies?
I dread the day but I know its not far off , I've only been called an old git by my kids but that's just a wind up ....I think.

Unfortunately, yes. Not as bad as Mrs bleep, though. Two young kids on bikes stopped and one said "let this old lady cross first". She was muttering and mumbling (as old people do) for days after that.

First indication I/we were well past was on holiday about 10 years ago,somewhere in Med.Strolling along prom passing people giving out flyers for various clubs,foam nights etc. Took one look at us,nah,don't bother.It's an outrage!

oldbaldy

LE
My daughter constantly says 'Do you think you should be doing that at your age'

Dam right I should.

Yeah! My daughter (she's a bloody lawyer) said to me last year: "Well, Dad, isn't it about time you settled down a bit and became more of a grand dad for Duncan?"

My response: "I'll settle down a bit when I'm dead, thanks."

Me and the Mrs are in the habit of taking hiking poles with us whenever we go walking.
In a restaurant in Rome we were given a discount for being disabled.

My daughter constantly says 'Do you think you should be doing that at your age'

Dam right I should.
Parents should be allowed to wind up their kids no matter how old they are!

Rodney2q

ugly

LE
No.

But..... I had a walking stick made from a jungle Liana in Thailand and I was walking to the pub in UK with it to show the lads. When I got the the road the traffic stopped to let me cross...... So of course I had to act the part.
I was working late one night in Southwark so decided to take my Beating stick in with me, a nice 4 foot ash with a knob head. I was offered assistance onto the train and the Africans turning up for work all behaved like I was some Boss man (which I was, I had the power to sack the idle cnuts) and all behaved differently after that evening! Funnily enough I wasnt mugged walking to the tube, never have been but I felt a lot more secure!

For me it's when I looked at one of the Nurses at work & thought "saucy cougar" then realised she was younger than I am...

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Wintery Sunday heading to the usual for the usual. Bunch of hoodies all huddled in font of the door, went in, got a pint. Chum turns up. Nods towards the door. 'Any trouble out there'?
'Him' says the barman 'I seriously doubt it. Grumpy old bastard with a fuckin big stick'

Missus on the metro in Dubai (gold section) has fairly often had young people (especially females) offer her their seat. We're not spring chickens but hardly knocking at deaths door!

The mistress pointed out that I've got grey pubes recently. Still, it's like a chair leg when it's angry.....

phil245

LE
Book Reviewer
I found a grey pubic hair today, I wouldn't have minded but it was in my Big-Mac.

I told my missus that I though I might be turning into a dirty old man. "Too bloody late china" she said "what you said to that barmaid was bloody disgusting". All that because I merely asked her if she would like to make and old chap very happy.

I've had that Tube experience. Noticed a saucy little thing kept staring at me. So I gave her the wicked smile and left eye wink (first used to devastating effect on a busty WRAC in Sandys Soldiers Home, Catterick) whereupon she got up and came towards me. Aye, aye, I thought. Could be in with a chance here. Only to find she thought I should have a seat. T'was a real wake up call, never really recovered.