Recognised as Old and Past it ..

Discussion in 'Old & Bold' started by seaweed, May 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Such a kind young man saw me standing in the Tube on Tuesday and offered me his seat - I gestured to the girl standing in front of where he had been sitting that she should take it but she waved back that I should sit down - so I did, and grateful too, BUT I had no dea I looked so OLD to the general public!

Any similar experiences you oldies?

2. To my embarrassement, I've had girls arise from their seat to offer it to me on the Tube. I do struggle with a bottle of Bushmills at lunchtimes these days.

• Like Like x 2
  3. No.

But..... I had a walking stick made from a jungle Liana in Thailand and I was walking to the pub in UK with it to show the lads. When I got the the road the traffic stopped to let me cross...... So of course I had to act the part.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I dread the day but I know its not far off , I've only been called an old git by my kids but that's just a wind up ....I think.

5. Unfortunately, yes. Not as bad as Mrs bleep, though. Two young kids on bikes stopped and one said "let this old lady cross first". She was muttering and mumbling (as old people do) for days after that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. First indication I/we were well past was on holiday about 10 years ago,somewhere in Med.Strolling along prom passing people giving out flyers for various clubs,foam nights etc. Took one look at us,nah,don't bother.It's an outrage!

7. Got to the end of this thread and forgot what it was about.:sad:

• Like Like x 2
  8. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

My daughter constantly says 'Do you think you should be doing that at your age'

Dam right I should.

9. Yeah! My daughter (she's a bloody lawyer) said to me last year: "Well, Dad, isn't it about time you settled down a bit and became more of a grand dad for Duncan?"

My response: "I'll settle down a bit when I'm dead, thanks."

10. Me and the Mrs are in the habit of taking hiking poles with us whenever we go walking.
    In a restaurant in Rome we were given a discount for being disabled.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Parents should be allowed to wind up their kids no matter how old they are!

Rodney2q

• Like Like x 1
  12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I was working late one night in Southwark so decided to take my Beating stick in with me, a nice 4 foot ash with a knob head. I was offered assistance onto the train and the Africans turning up for work all behaved like I was some Boss man (which I was, I had the power to sack the idle *****) and all behaved differently after that evening! Funnily enough I wasnt mugged walking to the tube, never have been but I felt a lot more secure!

• Like Like x 2
  13. For me it's when I looked at one of the Nurses at work & thought "saucy cougar" then realised she was younger than I am...

• Like Like x 1
  14. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Wintery Sunday heading to the usual for the usual. Bunch of hoodies all huddled in font of the door, went in, got a pint. Chum turns up. Nods towards the door. 'Any trouble out there'?
    'Him' says the barman 'I seriously doubt it. Grumpy old bastard with a fuckin big stick'

15. Missus on the metro in Dubai (gold section) has fairly often had young people (especially females) offer her their seat. We're not spring chickens but hardly knocking at deaths door!