Reclining Seats and Passengers from hell on long haul flights

Picked this up via a BA blog site. Essentially its a woman complaining about a totally obnoxious passenger who wouldnt let her recline her seat. Her claim is he essentially triggered a panic attack and kicked off big time and refused to move while having his seat reclined. She ended up being upgraded to business as a result.

The problem I have with this is that neither party comes out well - the passengers actions if true were pretty awful, while her blog is so self-indulgent and full of DRAMA (e.g. language about trigger moments) that it was hard to read without going FFS.

Bullying, Sexism, and Panic Attacks on Planes – The Everywhereist

Thankfully I've never had too bad an issue (so far) with passengers from hell other than little children screaming, but I can understand why people chose to fly on a private jet. Anyone else had a bad experience on a plane?

If she can't deal with a reclining seat without a panic attack, she shouldn't fly.

I don't really mind people in front of me reclining the seat; I'm usually asleep before I take off, and wake up for feeding, and landing.

Too numerous to list!

Bad and selfish behaviour by others used to be the thing for foreigners of one culture or another. Sadly, we in UK and the west have now also bred several generations lacking any manners or consideration for others, and - on top - this new culture of extreme sensitivity and emotionality.

On a flight from Cancun to Gatwick, 2 eyetalian teenage girls in front of me and SWMBO who reclined their seats and when asked to return to the upright position so we could lower our trays for the meal refused and became obnoxious to the extent that the flight attendant warned them that the police would be waiting for them at Gatwick if they didn't comply. They did so grudgingly. Little shits.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Picked this up via a BA blog site. Essentially its a woman complaining about a totally obnoxious passenger who wouldnt let her recline her seat. Her claim is he essentially triggered a panic attack and kicked off big time and refused to move while having his seat reclined. She ended up being upgraded to business as a result.

The problem I have with this is that neither party comes out well - the passengers actions if true were pretty awful, while her blog is so self-indulgent and full of DRAMA (e.g. language about trigger moments) that it was hard to read without going FFS.

Thankfully I've never had too bad an issue (so far) with passengers from hell other than little children screaming, but I can understand why people chose to fly on a private jet. Anyone else had a bad experience on a plane?
Christ she can't half go on.

She should try a trip on a Russian regional airline...

With specific regard to reclining seats, i recall one flight on a TU154 where about a quarter of the seats had broken recline mechanisms. Basically, what happened was, that on take off rotation, these seats would drop all the way back onto the lap of the person behind. You'd literally end up with someone's head in your lap or, if your seat was so afflicted, you'd find yourself lying horizontal and staring up the inside of the nose of the person behind.

What exacerbated the problem was that, inevitably, most of the passengers would already be very drunk (even at 0530), and would promptly fall asleep and snore loudly in their reclined position, with their unfortunate "recipients" struggling to push the seat and its occupant back up again - difficult if the sleeper was the size of a bear.

Christ she can't half go on.
I gave up when she started banging on about Rand and panic attacks.
No doubt Rand will be a tit called Randell Huganstrasell the third or some bollocks.
Rand you twat stand up for your bitch on the plane and slap her chops for writing such shit and having "panic attacks".

Simply lean over the back and announce you are going to recline and you will lift it back up when the meal comes.

Last edited:
FFS that was the most drama laden piece of crap I've ever read! Reminds me of the missus. Rand probably had so much of her shit he was lapping it up that she was getting some for a change.

"Oh! Someone was giving you shit love?? Sorry, didnt notice, I was reading the ....ermmm...sick bag!"

"THE FUCKER PUT ME IN FAT BURN MODE WHILE I WAS SITTING DOWN IN A CHAIR."

Christ , I'd LOVE to go into fat burn mode sitting down on a chair! She sounds like pure hell though. I don't see the need to automatically recline the seat as soon as the wheels have left the runway. For a night flight reclining is no problem - day flight no need in my view and shows some consideration to others.

I'd slap some black nasty over that gob before I would. Even to get Mile High Club airmiles.

She should have been kicked off of the plane for being a spastic, at 3,000 feet.

Why didn't her partner swap places, see it the prick would have continued his BS.

I have to confess that a few years ago, Mrs Jim and I took the concious decision that while we remain sprogless, if we fly long haul, then we fly business and to hell with the cost. It makes the journey a lot more pleasant and we've found that with proper planning, its not actually that much more expensive and is a vastly more pleasant experience. We also avoid both types of people in the original article - drama queens and lunatics.

I have to confess that a few years ago, Mrs Jim and I took the concious decision that while we remain sprogless, if we fly long haul, then we fly business and to hell with the cost. It makes the journey a lot more pleasant and we've found that with proper planning, its not actually that much more expensive and is a vastly more pleasant experience. We also avoid both types of people in the original article - drama queens and lunatics.
Until the cunts are upgraded by having a tantrum.

On the way to Jamaica a number of years ago, three very loud, effing and blinding drunken wallies were seated near us. I overheard that they were going to start tucking into their duty frees so grassed them up the the steward who promptly removed this booty from them advisng they could collect it when disembarking.

On the way back there they were at the check in queue. They didn't have the money for the exit tax though and were going nowhere. I imagined they just decided to spend all their loot with the collectivley stupid notion that check in would have to admit defeat and just let them through, not so, no matter how much they railed at the injustice of it all the check in girl was neither interested nor fazed, they weren't going aynwhere unless they paid. That was good for a laugh, for everyone else anyway.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
My thanks go to the one who coughed and spluttered the entire flight home.
We arrived in, I put it down to jet lag, off to the bog. Crawled into bed, and stayed there for the next four days. Both of us completey wrecked with flu. Never had anything like it before or since.

And I'm dead tough.