Reclassification of Cannabis

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Ninja_Turtle, Jan 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Home Office Circular

Now the cynic in me thinks that they dropped it from Class B to C to appear 'in touch with the youth of today' or hip and modern. They've finally realised the folly of their ways and are reclassifying it.

I can see the spin now, "Look how we're being hard line, we've reclassified Cannabis, tough on crime, tough on the causes etc...." :x
  2. Cannabis with a tetra-hydrol-canibilol(?) or THC content above 10% should be class 'A'

Thats Skunk Weed. Nasty stuff.

All this Class A,B,C* bollocks gets way from the essential fact. People who take drugs are criminals, and often drug taking is just another aspect of their criminality. None of them should be viewed as addicts or some kind of socio-medical victims.

People who take drugs are in the main, dull, unreliable and un-trustworthy people. The Courts should stop pandering to them and start punishing them.

*C can cover prescribed drugs and is a bit of a grey area. Personal use: Possibly unwise but probably not criminal. Intent to supply others, even for free: Criminal
  3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

They've been trying to classify it correctly for years, but just as they're about to do it pffffft, they just give up . . . . . man.

Yellow cab please, yes, to No. 32, thanks.
  4. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Weed, regardless of what the liberal masses would have you believe, leads to much harder and more unsavoury drug abuse, associated crime and the fallout that brings. In a lot of cases. Seen it first hand.
  5. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

The main problem with cannabis, and the THC content, is the efefct it has on the brain. I'm not smoking it and I can't spell effect!
  6. You're right, in many cases it does lead to 'harder' drug use. However, even if it doesn't, weed itself can lead to paranoia and obsessive compulsive dissorder. A major proportion of crime is carried out to fund a drug habit. Some hard drug users are funding a £200 a day habit, that is an awful lot of petty crime on a day in day out basis.
  7. Bang on. The government gave the scro.... er, alleged offenders, the ideal opportunity to use the reclassification farce as an excuse to say they were confused and thought cannabis had been legalised. Whereas previously if cannabis was recovered it was black and white, they were arrested. When the law was changed, if drugs were found, even the bobbies weren't sure how to deal with it. Usual conversation went like this:

Cop 1: I've found some blow on you mate
    Offender: So what, s'legal innit!
    Cop 1: No, it's still illegal. I am going to check you out on the PNC and if you're not wanted, you will be given a street caution.
    Offender: Yeah safe geez. I won't do it again
    Cop 2: But only if you don't have any previous for drugs.....
    Cop 1: And if you're not near a school...
    Offender: You told me I was gonna be cautioned. Yo, you fittin me up...
    Cop 1: No, we are complying with the latest government legislation , working in parallel with force policy.....probably
    Cop 2: PNC result shows you have no previous for're on your way with a street caution mate
    Offender: Safe, safe, seen
    Cop 1: Hold on, there are other members of public about, and they tell me you were smoking it openly. That is classed as an aggravating factor, and you are liable to arrest....
    Offender: You bastards, you locking me up?
    Cop 1:Yes
    Cop 2: Custody Sarge is gonna love us
    Cop 1: And CPS will ask why he wasn't given a street caution
    Cop 2: Oh ballcocks, what now
    Offender (smiling) There's a drain over there officer
    Cops 1 and 2: Good shout. Bacon and egg sarnie time.....

Allegedly :wink:
  8. Does that include you and your mates smoking tobacco and drinking beer, or are they just different because someone decided not to make them illegal?
    And do you think all of the 15 million or so people in the UK who've tried one drug or another are unreliable odd-balls?
  9. Command_doh

A guy I once knew started off doing the old 'Weed, speed, trips, clubs' thing, leading eventually to smoking and injecting heroin via everything else on the way. He ended up doing time for manslaughter in assisting someone shoot up - the guy died in a railway station toilet. And another guy who was my Superivor in Iceland (the Katona slag company, not the bankrupt country) died of a Heroin overdose. Sh1t, now I think about it, another mates Dad died of a methadone overdose...bad sh it drugs.
  10. The trouble is when kids start smokin cannabis in their early teens! they would never believe what it leads to. As adults we all know it leads to 'harder' drug use. The chemicals used to grow cannabis make make it even worst, but the classification doesn't help and sends the wrong message.

But are the goverment right to be looking at the 'harder' drugs out there, look at other 'harder' drugs, dealers are puttin anything in, literally anything out the kitchen cuboard!
  11. Command_doh

Never mind the chemicals at source, what about the sh it some of this stuff is cut with? Rat poison, bleach, brick dust, to name but a few. Icing Sugar is used to 'thin out' coke and crack - which is just a money making thing, but Cannabis Resin often contains vinyl and other chemical additives to 'bulk it out'. People really have no idea what they are sticking up their noses, in their gobs or into their veins.

12. I don't disagree with your overall point but I have erm heard from a friend
    that weed gives a tremendous boost to the appetite and food tastes even more delicious, he says.
  13. Command_doh

Good points. I think I, like so many others, drinks far too much. But I enjoy it, and don't want to give it up. In my youth I tried a few thing over a short time and saw a lot more, gave me a good bit of experience on the subject. But I have gone full circle and become a bit of an anti - drug nazi for the reason you indicate above - people (generally speaking) are far to irresponsible when it comes to the safe and controlled use of controlled substances. They become criminals, attack/kill people (due to psychological issues, dependency crime, drug - raging) and in some cases become a sub species of humanity. Not enough is done to combat the problem - public acceptance due to the proliferation of 'social drug taking' (coke/speed/weed) makes any (very expensive) campaign or law change a serious political issue for any Government.
  14. Command_doh

Gives you the munchies, but also makes you a raging depressive. And ruins your dress sense/ability to style your hair/listen to good music.
  15. Really Mr Chairborne - and why is that? Care to explain in detail from your little bubble that you appear live in. Hmmm - lets test every bit of weed that the police confiscate to measure the THC content.