• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Recieve a War Pension??? Read on.............

Guys and swobs....

just got off the phone with an adviser at the Royal British Legion, as i have an ongoing argument raging with the inland revenue about child tax credits....

seems civies in reciept of Disability living Allowance get more child tax credits than ex servicepeople on War Pensions.

the War Pension and the DLA are the same thing but are awarded by two seperate government bodies....

i pointed this out to the inland revenue and suggested they were discriminiating against ex service personel and are now looking into it....

the good news also is that the RBL told me - as a war pensioner there is nothing stopping me applying for DLA as well.

This is news to me and turns out i should have applied for DLA 9 years ago (no i wont get it back dated is successful)

but just a note to say - if you or anyone you know recieves a war pension, then get in touch with the RBL and ask for a application form and some help filling it in.

Finally the RBL are looking into this blatent discrimination bening adopted as one of their next "cause's"

Rincewind out!

Ah i knew it as Lower Standard of Occupation Allowance. i used to get that until i retrained myself and started earning better money......it was a good top up but the tree hugging sessions you have to attend were very depressing once a year to talk about "your feelings".

:)

Rincewind

Rincewind said:
it was a good top up but the tree hugging sessions you have to attend were very depressing once a year to talk about "your feelings".
Treehuggers: "How are you feeling ?"

I say again: "I'm feeling like chopping you lot up with Loretta my favourite axe"

Treehuggers: "Oh er OK you may go now"

I say again: " Don't you want to see Loretta ? "

Treehuggers: "NO, GO NOW........SECURITY HELP"

the War Pension and the DLA are the same thing but are awarded by two seperate government bodies....
No they are not the same. They are two different unearned incomes and are treated quite differently in the benefit terms.

If you are on a War Pension btw and claim Housing or Council Tax Benefit make sure you tell them the breakdown of the pension (it can include elements that will get you more money) and ask if they are completely disregarding it.

DLA = free money effectively. It is not taken into account ie if you make a claim for any means tested benefit they don't count your DLA. Or Attendance Allowance...

Cheers for the info,,, I,ll let me dad and the other old b@stards he assosiates with know about this !!!! They maybe gratefull !!!!

Regards LT.

Oi, less of the old ya boy ye. I'll have ye know I was clobbered when I was 19. It can happen to any of us at any time when serving.

Any more of your cheek and it might increase your danger of a heid injury ;)

copper_knobblet said:
I work in Benefits so I can have a bash at any questions you might have if you like. Either put them here or PM me.

Cheerio
Hope you are able to get him some additional cash. Good on yer mate. Keeping this thread going a bit longer, its important.

RinceWind,

Sounds like you were badly advised 9 years ago. I am being medically discharged and the welfare support and advice on allowances I may be able to claim has been excellent. The advice and support from my old unit as now on Y List has been NIL.

Well done for highlighting this important issue.

Latest Threads