Recently done AOSB - Cat One

I've recently (this month) attended AOSB and was given a 'Category One', I've no military experience and I'm at the shit end of my 20's.

Feel free to ask me anything you like! (inb4 non AOSB related questions :safe:)

Hi, I have my AOSB Briefing coming up. Can I ask, what prep did you do for briefing? I think I will be physically ready but in terms of theoretical prep what did you do? Thanks so much

Hi, I have my AOSB Briefing coming up. Can I ask, what prep did you do for briefing? I think I will be physically ready but in terms of theoretical prep what did you do? Thanks so much
For the Maths you're going to want to practice questions that involve bar and pie charts. The verbal and abstract reasoning questions are straightforward, but most run out of time so make sure you give an answer for everything.

For the Maths you're going to want to practice questions that involve bar and pie charts. The verbal and abstract reasoning questions are straightforward, but most run out of time so make sure you give an answer for everything.
That's really helpful. Did you do much prep for the plan ex? and do you think you need a detailed knowledge of the army? Im from a non military background so was just worried that I might get marked down for not having knowledge, which someone who had been in cadets for 10 years would.

Thank you

I've recently (this month) attended AOSB and was given a 'Category One', I've no military experience and I'm at the shit end of my 20's.

Why did the Royal Navy reject you?

That's really helpful. Did you do much prep for the plan ex? and do you think you need a detailed knowledge of the army? Im from a non military background so was just worried that I might get marked down for not having knowledge, which someone who had been in cadets for 10 years would.

Thank you
My CSM sent me an example Planning Exercise. I did this the day before AOSB. Your CSM should send you one also, if not you can find them online. There's a 30min Plan Ex lecture immediately before. I would say 90% failed miserably. Produce a simple plan and show your working (factors & threats). The marker basically wants to understand your thought process and how you analyse information.

There is no military knowledge required at Briefing, that comes at Main Board. If you're a cadet (lol) they will expect greater military knowledge!

Afternoon,

What type of preparation did you do for the Aptitude tests? Did you have any resources which you found useful in the lead up to AOSB?

Afternoon,

What type of preparation did you do for the Aptitude tests? Did you have any resources which you found useful in the lead up to AOSB?
I prepared for the numerical reasoning by doing division, multiplication, addition, subtraction and speed/distance/time calcs. As I said to the other guy, try to find as many questions which interpret data from bar/pie charts. There is also a good book on Planning Exercises which I've now got for my Main Board.

1546189813985.png

how long did it take to get to AOSB, my application was accepted and I'm having to submit my medical documents and have an intial video interview.
They will probably aim for you to get into the September Sandhurst intake now. Depends how quick your Doctor is with sending over your medical records, you'll then have an Army medical in Westbury, and following that a date for AOSB briefing.

Probably a couple of months at the least.

It's a slow process

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dingerr The NAAFI Bar 35
B Officers 2
Bravo_Bravo Army Reserve 6