Recent conviction for Burglary and Application to join army

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by alexjpowell, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello, I recently did an online application for the army, however, even more recently i was given a 12 month community sentence for burglary. How will this affect my application? will i have to wait for 12 months? or longer? thank you.

2. The Army doesn't need light fingered pikeys like you thank you very much.

3. Why should the Army take a convicted criminal like you for?

Burglary is a disgusting crime.

4. yeah it mite just hinder you abit mate as it is a crime that questions your trustability

5. And your persec could do with a little tightening too...If that's your real name, I'd see about changing your username, you dirty thieving ba5tard...

6. Fcking scumbag, why would we want to share accommodation with a cnut like you?

7. as your a probably gettin the jist of not many people would like for you to be there room mate either so if the the army shrug it off, id stay schtum if i where you. becuase if my laptop got sold for crack and you were one of the 6 blokes in the room who you reckon im gonna punch first will be?

8. Mmmmmm, let's think, large numbers of suitably qualified candidates or light fingered thief? Don't bother the military doesn't need you, you thieving scum.

9. Have you considered standing for Parliament? Sounds like you'd fit right in...

10. I see you live in Aldershot,pop into the Traf and ask some of the lads,they'll be more than happy to answer the question :D

11. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

If you want a proper, serious, answer go to your nearest AFCIO, and ask the recruiters about the "Rehabilitation Of Offenders Act". Your conviction will have an expiry date, and you might be able to apply once your conviction is spent.

But, if I were you, I'd take on board the comments above. No-one likes a thief. Even if you are allowed to apply, and you pass selection, pray that no-one finds out because you will never be allowed to forget.

12. the army has enough recruiting problems without cnuts like you lot putting people off.

how many of you (if you were ex serving at all) had your lives "put on the straight and narrow" by the army? during basic did you not see the stereotypes merge into soldiers? become better people?

maybe the army will sort him out, if anything he will have a job and not be sponging and serving a good cause learning the values and standards the British army teaches.

13. I say you should be allowed to join, then someone can smash your fingers in a locker door. You frigging tea-leaf, you must be bloody simple to come on here with that as an opening gambit.

Burglary? - Section 9.1a or 9.1b? Aggrevated?
    From an old vulnerable person, or the roof off a church?
    Why the fcuk weren't you locked up, you scumbag?

Now fcuk off and get back to picking up litter and cleaning off graffitti or whatever it is you do in your spare time.

14. lol...gotta be a wind up!

"I fukcing hate pikies!"

15. Why is it the army's responsibilty to fix the errors of this young man's ways? Surely he has to accept responsibility for his actions. I see your point, and I open this up to the floor for debate, in my experience, a scum bag on the outside doesn't change...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.