Reccy Mechs Gloves

#1
Hi there! Thanks for looking! Can anyone help me? Im a TA Reccy Mech, and my parent unit cant get a part number for anything resembling decent leather gloves, and suggest I buy my own, so if you know the part number, I would appreciate it.

Many thanks and Twist to Open!
 
#2
The ones you get through the system are usually mitten type?!

We normally get our clerks/QM to use their GPC card and source them locally.

You may have to do the leg work, get 3 quotes from 3 different suppliers, present it to your QM and usually they send you down with the GPC card, you buy them using the card NOT your own gelt, bring back the receipt, they issue them to you on your 1157 and bobs your uncle.

I will see if i can get an NSN tomorrow, but i know they are difficult to get hold of through the system.
 
#9
Drifter21 said:
Smudge

They look just like the racing car/bike gauntlets from 1940-50s films.

Yellow leather come half way up the fore arm.
Roger that. I know what you mean now. Why people would want them though???
 
#10
Also known as 'Despatch Riders Gauntlets. I have a pair. Great on the vintage bike with the Everoak helmet :D

There's usually a pair or two on greedbay. Around £7-£15 depending on who's looking.

D_B
 
#12
Think they were called MT gloves a long time ago,went well with leather jackets,no sleeves type,looked good on opensided champs blah,blah.
 
#13
ringdoby said:
I think he means the drivers gauntlets much prized by the wretched mechs.
That could be them... do you have an NSN please RD?


Drifter21 said:
The ones you get through the system are usually mitten type?!

We normally get our clerks/QM to use their GPC card and source them locally.

You may have to do the leg work, get 3 quotes from 3 different suppliers, present it to your QM and usually they send you down with the GPC card, you buy them using the card NOT your own gelt, bring back the receipt, they issue them to you on your 1157 and bobs your uncle.

I will see if i can get an NSN tomorrow, but i know they are difficult to get hold of through the system.
Id apreciate that Drifter21!
 
#14
smudge67 said:
Drifter21 said:
Smudge

They look just like the racing car/bike gauntlets from 1940-50s films.

Yellow leather come half way up the fore arm.
Roger that. I know what you mean now. Why people would want them though???
Makes life easier with steel winchropes and all that heavy lifting etc!
 
#15
Sorted. Thanks for your help people.....
 
#16
brownhat said:
Think they were called MT gloves a long time ago,went well with leather jackets,no sleeves type,looked good on opensided champs blah,blah.
Gauntlets, MT, IIRC.


@OP

What about something here?
 
#17
If you look in the JSP for clothing you will find the yellow gloves, now called “ Gloves MT worker female”
Ideal for Recce Mechs
 
#18
morsk said:
Hi there! Thanks for looking! Can anyone help me? Im a TA Reccy Mech, and my parent unit cant get a part number for anything resembling decent leather gloves, and suggest I buy my own, so if you know the part number, I would appreciate it.

Many thanks and Twist to Open!
Reccy mechs wearing gloves?????? Next you'll be saying they aren't to work outside in the rain. Just like Techs.
8) 8) 8) 8)
 
#19
Recce mechs gloves!!! In my day they never used them. They're hands got toughened up while scraping on the floor while walking round.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top