Recce or MBT

Discussion in 'RAC' started by clarence, Feb 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was wondering what the differences are between joining a recce section or just a normal section... and which is better ?

2. great big smelly tanks

BETTER BY FAR AN [QUEENS] ROYAL HUSSAR.

NOT SO LONG BACK

BETTER BY FAR AN IRISH HUSSAR

so smelly big tanks WIN

try BIG "C" SQN .QRH

3. Clarence House is it? Or just someone snooping around the bins outside Clarence House?

4. where's that then??? :help:

5. [​IMG]

6. If you mean which is best Armoured Recce or Armoured? then Armoured Recce wins hands down. You will find that those who say armoured (MBT) is best have in fact never done armoured recce otherwise they would not come out with the sh*t they do.

Big horrible smelly things against nimble lightweight & fast movers? no contest. Armoured recce is more intense, more complicated, more enjoyable and simply "better" than tanks. If your regiment is on MBT and your asking if you should go in Recce Troop? then that is different. Being out of the mainstream of the Regiment can be harmful to one's career.

I served with 1 RTR in both the Recce and Armoured role and would choose Reece every time.

7. For your information, "Clarence" is a journalist trying to make up a story about our Prince.

8. I am not a journalist... why would you even think that ? If it is because of my screen name then you should be destroyed.

9. And why is that??

10. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Tight. That's it. You are going to have to tell us all about Tpr Reece. Is he a nice boy? Or is he the fat lad who wouldn't go boar hunting for fear of the Lord of the Flies?

We HAVE to know.

11. Sits down on bank next to Ronnie
    <opens sandwiches>
    That a hand tied you're using or a standard?

12. Im thinking on joining the Queens Royal Hussars. local regiment, and look the business!!

Jamie

13. Is that besides the HCav or QDGs you were thinking of joining at first.

14. My My, Alien FTM you secret perv, must be ex QDG. A slight spelling mistake and your thinking about reece the Welsh sheep!! Must remember not to call GW GOBBLY WOBBLY otherwise you might not be able to control yourself :biggrin: