Rebro Bowman bro ?

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by polar69, Sep 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just reading the ptarmigan thread below and a thought occurred.

Can bowman do rebro ?

2. I believe so, but I've never seen it done and I can't remember how you do it.

3. It's been a while since I got out, but weren't there some sort of Talkthrough radios that were distributed around to automatically rebro?

4. I hope it can, otherwise those RRB dets are going to feel the pain when there solitaire marathons are stopped.

5. Yes attach 2 radios together using D10 and then play with the settings so they are on rebro mode. It is a simple process if you know how.

6. An IBRU, how quaint. You'll want a CNRI next.

7. Up to 4 x VHF radios can be connected by D10 (just remember to pre-plan your sub-nets). There is also a RRB Cable to connect 2 x VHF (audio socket to audio socket - 354 not supported) radios together for internet voice RRB. Other variations of voice and data RRB, including VIDS RRB and VHF/HF RRB available but require correct planning and configuration.

CNRI equivalent capability available via the UCD (if planned)!

8. Oh, I don't know... Keep your eyes on ebay/surplus stoers for most of it.

9. ive
    Uhmm.... I think I should choose my words carefully... Uhmm... ******* eh... uhmm ive have a picture of a large beefburger in my wallet! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

10. Is that because you like to eat beefburgers?

11. Christ, the Royal Corps of signals and they dont even know how to carry out a basic CNR operation with our common CNR system. This is basic stuff and pretty straight forward, also a few ways to do it. No wonder we have no faith in our ability to communicate! is this a wah/ Please tell me it is!

12. No its not a wah, its a simple question on equipment that we have very little of, in addition we have the bare minimum of training required to turn a ptarmigan unit into an operational bowman unit.

Yes its basic stuff, so if you'd like to share some of your considerable wisdom in the field please feel free to crack on.

13. They are to busy trying to work out how to put their name tapes on to their PCS jackets and smocks to worry about a little thing called BOWMAN.

14. Download the manual from Harris and they used to have a good pdf on digital HF.

The reason for using VHF rebro was to have good quality voice comms over a greater distance, HF could have been used for this role but had poorer quality voice.

So the answer is?

15. Whom is the CNR system common too?