Rebalancing announcement

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Wingletang, Mar 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Monday?

Should be accompanied by a web based information process, including e.mails to soldiers and presentation packs online for Officers to use in briefing non web access individuals.
  2. Locking the stables after the horse has bolted?????
  3. They've left a few bits still active, doesn't really inform the new 4th Lancs whats happening except the Cheshires are of to the Mercians.

Engineers and 93 Sigs Sqns entries are missing but thats probably the main changes (isn't that a infantry coy becoming Engineers and 93 moving to 38 Sigs Regt)

Anyone know the rules on overbearing, my 'new' sqn will have two SSMs and two YofS. Does that effect other Sqns, i.e. other sqns can't make someone SSM/YofS as my Sqn has more than it needs
  4. Heard it was to be after Easter. Fairly firm, unless you don't mean FAS.
  5. Ummm, implementation is 01 APR 06, or in less than 2 weeks from now....
  6. or will it, something tells me another anouncement next week is more to wingletangs aims.
  7. The problem is that there is no money to do it. Rebalancing is to be paid for by selling off TA Centres, which seems to be the problem, the sums don't add up....
  8. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

Anyone else insulted by this:

Or is it just me that thinks this makes us sound like fcuking Dad's Army? (not an invitation for the regulars to jump in with STAB bashing thank you)

How can you have a "force of civilians" ffs?
  9. Subtly, the details on web sites are changing to reflect the Regular Army's preferred option. The details on the one highlighted above are quite interesting - as Scarey Spice outlines - as it is starting to enunciate the post Rebalancing position.
  10. msr

msr LE

The biggy is the new MATTs, especially the fitness one. I can see a large number of 'key enablers' not getting their bounty next year and calling it quits.

The reality is that the Army is trying to change the fundamental culture of the TA way faster than the TA can respond.

11. Push pull or pull push?

Either way, I concur. This is all going to end in tears if we're not careful. Lose the backbone of a unit and there's nowt to hold it together.
  12. You've summed it up nicely there I think. Personally I'd go further, the proposed changes appear to be demanding more time (always the key resource) from the TA soldier than they can provide if they wish to have a family and job as well. Those that can commit get might as well join the regs, they'll get a pension that way. The fundamental mistake being made by those in charge of this policy is to assume that they can change things without any change in the behavious of the TA soldier. Only someone with no experience of being in the TA and juggling family, work and the Army (such as a regular soldier) could make such a mistake. Once again, the law of unexpected consequences is revealed as the most powerful force in the universe.
  13. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

I welcome the higher standards. It should, finally, get rid of the remaining dead wood that plagues the TA.

The real issue comes with whether we actually stick to the standards.

I can see it now:

"Give Cpl bloggs a tick in the box for his CFT because it's usefull having him around for admin jobs".

If you are not up to the standards of the Regular Army, then you shouldn't be in the TA.