Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reasons for wanting to become an Army officer

It always make me worry when people say that. How much of a problem with people behaving like a dick do you have to have for that to need stating explicitly?
You’d be surprised! Most of the time junior officers’ poor behaviour/choices are down to enthusiasm exceeding judgement and failing to see how their actions might be seen by others.

It might just be me but don’t we all require the odd reminder to not be a dick?!

He was distinctly a fish out of water as far as the Leader's Office and the NEC were concerned. A number of senior Party apparatchiks couldn't even bring themselves to speak to him. He was fine with the Parliamentary party, most MPs, with a few exceptions, are sensible, moderate folk, the Party hierarchy, maybe not so much.....

Bad enough being an ex-Para officer, imagine if he'd been Jewish as well.

IIRC, his wife died just before or just after he became an MP, and he had young kids to look after. I imagine his priorities became somewhat different.

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
IIRC, his wife died just before or just after he became an MP, and he had young kids to look after. I imagine his priorities became somewhat different.
Absolutely true, as well. The Labour Party stuff comes from an unusually reliable source with extremely good access. I'd grade it A2 or even A1.

Polyester

War Hero
Where no doubt he feels he can actually make a difference rather than sit in the Westminster circus.
And good on him for that. I’m not a labour man but fair play to him.