REALLY STUPID SONG LYRICS/TITLES

Discussion in 'ARRSEpedia' started by londonirish, Apr 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If this had been done before stop me in my tracks, but as a light diversion for all you serving types, my thoughts wondered to some of the more amusing conversations of the past. One was always silly song lyrics, ones that were nonsense in the true sense of the word.

Here are my opening gambits. One old, one new(er)

Thin Lizzy; Jailbreak

"Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak
    Somewhere in this town"

erm...perhaps at the gaol Phillip?

The Darkness; Oneway Ticket to Hell and Back

erm , Justin, that should read "return ticket" dear chap, since the passenger is going there AND back

2. Alanis morrisette.

"Isnt it Ironic"
    -no it isnt....................hang on that means it is!

bloody clever girl that one!

3. Indeed, and as I pointed out in a thread about the Yanks not understanding irony, the song title should actually be "Things that are really annoying and may pi55 you off a bit depending on your temperament", because none of the eventualities depicted in her ditty are actually ironic atall . Atall :)

4. SNAP – Rhythm is a Dancer

“I am as serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer”

Now I am no doctor, but I am pretty sure that rhythm being a dancer, is no where near as serious as any form of cancer

5. Indeed it is not. Whatsmore, rhythm is ;

"Movement or variation characterized by the regular recurrence or alternation of different quantities or conditions: the rhythm of the tides.
    The patterned, recurring alternations of contrasting elements of sound or speech.
    Music.
    The pattern of musical movement through time.
    A specific kind of such a pattern, formed by a series of notes differing in duration and stress: a waltz rhythm.
    A group of instruments supplying the rhythm in a band. "

whereas a dancer is;

"To move rhythmically usually to music, using prescribed or improvised steps and gestures.

To leap or skip about excitedly.
    To appear to flash or twinkle: eyes that danced with merriment.
    Informal. To appear to skip about; vacillate: danced around the issue.
    To bob up and down."

Which means of course that the refrain SHOULD have been " (a) dancer is someone who employs rhythm in movement"

But I don't suppose that would sound any good. They simply got it the wrong way around bless them.

6. Without any intention of stopping you in your tracks at all (crack on mate), may I humbly direct you here. :D