Really Sad News - Brian Guy (Swordman) RIP

Brians family appear to have the funeral Service fully organised and didn't want any help from outside, no matter how well intentioned. Fair play to them.
I won't be going to the Service now, it is their day and I binned Facebook years ago anyway.
I will probably go to the British Legion back in Swanage after the Service, open to everybody, to hear the presentation on his life.
You can still go, call it a sign of respect for the late swordsman whose tales were read with a deep understanding of what he went through. His family should understand that he educated his fellow arrsers who wish to see him off.
Apologies if that seems convoluted I dont always get the big words right

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
You can still go, call it a sign of respect for the late swordsman whose tales were read with a deep understanding of what he went through. His family should understand that he educated his fellow arrsers who wish to see him off.
Seconded.

Brians family appear to have the funeral Service fully organised and didn't want any help from outside, no matter how well intentioned. Fair play to them.
I won't be going to the Service now, it is their day and I binned Facebook years ago anyway.
I will probably go to the British Legion back in Swanage after the Service, open to everybody, to hear the presentation on his life.
Likewise

But, out of respect for his family, do as requested and notify your desire to attend via the FB link in post #114. The family may be happy to have a few virtual mates attending but may not be too keen if a mob of strangers descend.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
[Serious head on]

Anyone who has an interest in yesterday's service for the late Mr Brian Guy, please PM me.

I hope it went well, as these things go. RIP swordman.

Last edited:

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I hope it went well, as these things go. RIP swordsman.

Sword, as in beach, not swords as in pork.

Way too late for anyone to be offended by this.

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
Brian recounted the story of how he got his life changing injuries to me. He was dispatch riding when the road he was riding down came under heavy shell fire, blowing him from his motorbike. He lay in the road unconscious or semi conscious for ages, eventually the shelling stopped. He lost track of time, but eventually he was nearly run over by an Allied truck as they didnt realise the "bundle " lying in the road was a man. With typical understatement Brian said, "that would be typical, survive the shelling to get run over by my own side, thank God I moved my arms...."

RIP

Brian recounted the story of how he got his life changing injuries to me. He was dispatch riding when the road he was riding down came under heavy shell fire, blowing him from his motorbike. He lay in the road unconscious or semi conscious for ages, eventually the shelling stopped. He lost track of time, but eventually he was nearly run over by an Allied truck as they didnt realise the "bundle " lying in the road was a man. With typical understatement Brian said, "that would be typical, survive the shelling to get run over by my own side, thank God I moved my arms...."

RIP
I was extremely fond of the auld lad, even though I only met him via words on screen via Facebook Messenger or here. Hopefully his family found solace in the fact, he touched the hearts of so many here, with his tales of his role in the war effort... I know at the time he was regularly posting, I was waiting for his next posts with baited breath.

I was extremely fond of the auld lad, even though I only met him via words on screen via Facebook Messenger or here. Hopefully his family found solace in the fact, he touched the hearts of so many here, with his tales of his role in the war effort... I know at the time he was regularly posting, I was waiting for his next posts with baited breath.
Yes.
Possibly the most popular and most respected member of ARRSE.
No one ever dared crayon over anything he posted.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Yes.
Possibly the most popular and most respected member of ARRSE.
No one ever dared crayon over anything he posted.
I'm sure redshift would've, given half a chance, he seems to crayon everywhere else!

I'm sure redshift would've, given half a chance, he seems to crayon everywhere else!
I honestly think that if he tried that, the Mod on that bit of the forum would smite him with a very large, very effective ban hammer. There are some things you don't bugger about with, Brian's posts being one of those things.

And what are you doing now?

All the dripping and moaning about posters is nearly as tedious as the posters themselves. Yes, I know I'm now whinging about someone whinging about someone else whinging.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I honestly think that if he tried that, the Mod on that bit of the forum would smite him with a very large, very effective ban hammer. There are some things you don't bugger about with, Brian's posts being one of those things.
This is a thread about Brian after all.

Any word on how his Final Parade went?

Last edited:

Latest Threads