Really Sad News - Brian Guy (Swordman) RIP

Bad CO

Admin
Like me, I'm sure many ARRSE users will have greatly enjoyed the contributions that @swordman (aka Brian Guy) made on this site. His book 'Cameos of War - Sword Beach To Bremen - The Eighth Brigade" is also a cracking read and covers his exploits in WW2 as a member of the Royal Engineers.

Unfortunately I've heard (via Twitter) that he has very recently passed away and that it is hoped that there can be military (RE?) representation at his funeral:

Help Required re Brian Guy's funeral and Military representation

He lived near Swanage so if there is anyone nearby who is able to go and give him the send off that he deserves then this would be greatly appreciated.

RIP

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Already mentioned on his thread.

RIP. Some wonderful educational dits, you will be missed.

Like me, I'm sure many ARRSE users will have greatly enjoyed the contributions that @swordman (aka Brian Guy) made on this site. His book 'Cameos of War - Sword Beach To Bremen - The Eighth Brigade" is also a cracking read and covers his exploits in WW2 as a member of the Royal Engineers.

Unfortunately I've heard (via Twitter) that he has very recently passed away and that it is hoped that there can be military (RE?) representation at his funeral:

He lived near Swanage so if there is anyone nearby who is able to go and give him the send off that he deserves then this would be greatly appreciated.
I do and I will find out what the score is.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

I am in Dorchester not far from Swanage. Hubby was REME rather than RE but we will help if we can.

Sad news indeed. Sometimes his contributions were the only thing worth logging in for.

A very interesting poster on here. I never commented on his threads because I had nothing to add to it, but his posts were compulsively readable.

RIP Swordman, we never met but I found your stories fascinating.

I know it may be a bit maudlin, and has been mooted before, but is it worth having an ARRSE Arboretum, where people like Swordman, the epic RTFQ, Pongo6863 etc can be remembered along with some of their works......????

RIP old bean.

Deep Peace of the Watching Shepherds to you my brother. RIP

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Sorry to read about Swordsman. Unfortunately it happens to us all eventually but he is more likely to be one who is missed..

Sad news indeed, I recently re read his book Cameos of war,
It still had the same effect on me as the first reading.
Brian was a great supporter of BLESMA,his book sales were testament to that.
Rest in peace, and thanks for your service to this country not only in combat but in your civilian occupation.

A glass raised in salute and in gratitude .

WW.

With my RE mate at the moment.

Once a Sapper Always a Sapper.
Swordman hasn't died, he's just gone on a recce for the rest of us.

Sad news indeed, I recently re read his book Cameos of war,
It still had the same effect on me as the first reading.
Brian was a great supporter of BLESMA,his book sales were testament to that.
Rest in peace, and thanks for your service to this country not only in combat but in your civilian occupation.

A glass raised in salute and in gratitude .

WW.
Sir, whereas offering you a 'like' may I add that I wasn't afforded the option of adding an 'informative' as well. Thank you. I didn't know that.

Latest Threads