Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Really good sauces!

Rum. A pale excuse for Pusser's Gunpowder Proof.

1602283386209.png

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
1602293228631.png

this stuff is really tickling my tastebuds recently - it's more like a salsa with a hint of bbq sauce. bloody lush on a sausage sandwich.

I quite like this one, made by a Dutch firm called Remia.
The list of ingredients is decent, Barbeque flavour is not too cloying, the background reminds me of the good quality and taste of OK Sauce (in days of yore)

1602308936816.png

Last edited:

pinback2001

RIP
RIP
Skeeters New York Steakhouse sauce (in the blue bottle) from Aldi.
I buy this three bottles at a time and it goes on most meals

For Sunday roast dinner, routine Bisto chicken gravy with smashed up sage and onion stuffing, and a little English mustard, along with a dash or two of tabasco, salt and pepper. People ask for more, unaware it's the sauce that's driving them, not the meal.

Most of the Sriracha being sold isn't that good.
A septic company called Mikee make a good Jalapeno one.
MacIlhenny's the Tabasco people's Sriracha is better than most of what's on the market.
I like MacIlhenny's Tabasco, but I made the mistake of buying their Smokey Chipotle Tabasco sauce, and it was unbelievably bad.

Anyhow, this is what my friend just got. No word yet as to what it's like, but I'll give it full points for its name.
ea.jpg

If you're ever in the IoW, it's worth popping to the Garlic Farm Co for some of these
426986_800x475.jpg
496385_800x475.jpg

HCL

Old-Salt
I miss Goodall & Backhouse's Yorkshire Relish. Haven't seen it in since I was a nipper. Seems the only place still selling it are in the RoI according to Google. Shame. It was great on a bacon butty.

Latest Threads