Really Good Advice

Today on Look North there was a report about some poor chap who sledged down a hill, hit a tree and died as a result of injuries.

The TV people interviewed a member of the Fire Brigade who said that 'Trees are not a good thing to sledge into as they tend not to move.' I would like to report that he said this with a twinkle in his eye but the fellow was deadly serious.

wasnt one of the Kennedy clan killed running into a tree while ski-ing?

apparently the facts are that there were several trees on the scene, but only one was ever identified

hackle said:

apparently the facts are that there were several trees on the scene, but only one was ever identified
yes i believe the kennedy was heading for the forest, but couldn't see it due to the trees... :| ok getting me coat..

B

Biscuits_AB

Fir enough. It seems that trees ain't too poplar round here and that they need to bring back the birch. We're just pining for the next classic.

X-Inf

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I think that it is just that tree-hugging whilst travelling in excess of 30 mph is not particularly recommended :wink:

I don't think it is a coat I need but a straight-jacket :!: (They're coming to take me away Ha Ha)

X-Inf said:
I think that it is just that tree-hugging whilst travelling in excess of 30 mph is not particularly recommended :wink:

I don't think it is a coat I need but a straight-jacket :!: (They're coming to take me away Ha Ha)
You're absolutely barking then?.

PS - It was Marc Bolan's fault - he should have realised he was on a trunk road.

Dead by tree..What a Beech, some one call the copse :oops:

these are getting awful now :roll:

mind you, sledging into trees is bound to hurt - its elm tree watson.

That last one is probably a bit too much of a stretch :!:

During the 70s a car load of IRA extortionists and mother slotters lost control of their car, skidded off the road and hit a tree - three were killed and one crippled.

The UDF were quick to take credit.

They said they planted it.

Boom Boom

canteen_cowboy said:
hackle said:

yes i believe the kennedy was heading for the forest, but couldn't see it due to the trees... :| ok getting me coat..
to continue in this vein would really be going out on a limb!

what, wha'd i say!

Latest Threads