Really Good Advice

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by mushroom, Feb 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Today on Look North there was a report about some poor chap who sledged down a hill, hit a tree and died as a result of injuries.

The TV people interviewed a member of the Fire Brigade who said that 'Trees are not a good thing to sledge into as they tend not to move.' I would like to report that he said this with a twinkle in his eye but the fellow was deadly serious.

2. Isn't that what killed former pop singer and US politician, Sonny Bono?

3. A tree also killed Mark Bolan. Seems we may have a serial killer on our hands :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

4. wasnt one of the Kennedy clan killed running into a tree while ski-ing?

apparently the facts are that there were several trees on the scene, but only one was ever identified

5. It's believed there was another tree behind a grassy knoll.

Oh, and my hat - Thankee.

6. yes i believe the kennedy was heading for the forest, but couldn't see it due to the trees... :| ok getting me coat..

7. Fir enough. It seems that trees ain't too poplar round here and that they need to bring back the birch. We're just pining for the next classic.

8. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

I think that it is just that tree-hugging whilst travelling in excess of 30 mph is not particularly recommended :wink:

I don't think it is a coat I need but a straight-jacket :!: (They're coming to take me away Ha Ha)

9. You're absolutely barking then?.

PS - It was Marc Bolan's fault - he should have realised he was on a trunk road.

10. He could have at least branched off earlier or paused to take a bough. 8O

11. Ah, but was Auto-Root around then?.

12. Perhaps they never twigged to the danger of sledging into a tree - who wood have believed it!

Okay.. I'll leaf quietly officer

13. Holly cow, what a sap! ...............( :oops: )

14. stumped for any more tree puns!!