Really bad films you really like

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Command_doh, Aug 23, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Just looking at that other thread about hating popular films. It mad me think about crappy and/or embarrassing films I secretly enjoy but wouldn't admit to readily. Admittedly a lot of them are 'vintage' efforts from my youth, but there you go. I would still watch them now anyway.

Getting it going;

Over the Top
    Karate Kid (Old skool)
    Hawk the Slayer
    Casualties of War
    Short Circuit
    Masters of the Universe
    Ghost Rider

Apart from the lame effort from Nicholas Cage (like so much of his work) above, I can't think of too many modern ones. Were the old shit films better than the new shit films?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Who Dares Wins... King of one liners
    • Like Like x 6
  3. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Waterworld - Kevin Costner's finest hour :) the gill-breathing FREAK
    I've always loved it not least because of mad Dennis Hopper and his crew of Smokers ( especially the quad mount 50 cal....YEEEEEHAH!)

Critics hated it - oi, wadda they know :woot:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Acf of Valor... I can't get over how that guy leaps onto the grenade like a hero
  5. Biodome. It's shit, but was a mess favourite for some time.
  6. Bravo Two Zero... The contact drills were utterly shiteee and I find that film really insults the rag heads how they're running away and firing from the hip
  7. Steven Seagal is the ******* ish. There's none of the baddie having a sniff of winning tosh, they just get the shit kicked out of them by a chubby yoga geezer with no messing about.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. The Karate Kid is a brilliant film! How can you say it's really bad?

Armageddon - it's bollocks, it's all bollocks, it's full of inaccuracies and technical bollocks, the acting is terrible etc. But it's just a brilliant film to watch.

The Star Trek Films - they're all shite, apart from Wrath of Khan, but I still get a kick out of watching them.

Starship Troopers - I think this one might not count because they were deliberately trying to make it seem bad or a bit shlocky but it's one of my all time favourite films, it's a brilliant watch. Funny too.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Glimmer Man is a guilty pleasure (so is four weddings and a funeral - except for the bits with some floppy haired wooden toff that stammers a lot)

10. I own that movie as well and really enjoy it despite it's general shittiness.
  11. 'Night of the Lepus' - rabbits the size of bison terrorise a small town in the USA.
    At times laugh out loud funny (though i suspect my sense of humour is off kilter).
    Worth a look if bored purely for the weirdness aspect.
    - also features Capt kirk's Doctor pal ... going after giant killer rabbits with a straight face.
    • Like Like x 3
  12. 'Bad Taste' so bad it's good.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. As do I, but the inaccuracies in the film you could spend all night
  14. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

It's not bad, just really, really cheesy.

This montage is one of the best from the 80's

You're The Best Music Video - YouTube

And on the subject of NOT shit shit films, Starship Troopers is fantastic!

On Deadly Ground, on the other hand, is a shit and un-watchable film.
  15. "heavens gate" it bombed and the critics crucified it, I found it alright myself,
    they say it was panned because the yanks were uncomfortable with the truth of it.