Realistic Inspirational Posters

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by error_unknown, Nov 14, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone work in an office where they put those fcuking annoying inspirational posters up? They really grip my s h i t.

They usually have a photo of an eagle soaring or a goat stood atop a precipitous mountain. Underneath, theres always a bollox statement intended to make you work harder, like "It's only when your at the top of the mountain, that you can look down on the clouds". What the fcuk does that mean?!?!?!

Far better to have posters that people can instantly relate to. Like a photo of a bloke stood outside a pub with one hand resting on a lampost, as he empties the contents of his stomach into the gutter, with the tagline "Better out than in." Now thats one I understand.

Anyone got any other suggestions?
  2. "Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Smoke plenty of what I've got Convoy, then you'll understand :p

We have a good one in work, about grassing up your workmates if you believe they are doing something against the company. There's even a free phone number ! I HATE my boss, and in time, I will make a call about his endless expenses claims and see what happens !! :twisted:
  4. Running with the theme, i'd love to have a poster, that was meant to deter your boss from giving you s h i t despite the fact that you would have killed him in the milling.

The poster would show a bruiser, burying his fist into a pot bellied, 4 foot 2 slaphead, with the tagline.

"Don't fcuking start, right?"
  5. Where the fcuk do you work Convoy, Moss Side? Your a very angry person !!
  6. Not at all mate, i'm a very mellow geezer. I just think that having a milling ring instead of endless meetings would help the company run far more smoothly, and provide lunchtime entertainment.

Some of the blimps we've got for bosses in this gaff could do with the exercise, and i'd love to see their faces as the QMSI (Or civilian equivalent) rang the bell

I work right next door to Victoria Baths (The one that won the Restoration programme).
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Please have a look at the Demotivators web site I posted the link to above. I'm sure you will find exactly what you're looking for as it is a total satire of the motivational poster brigade.
  8. One for Convoy's work place:

9. My favorite one for fashion victims and other civvy types

10. I remember those baths, I used to swim there when I was a student.......they were pretty rough but they were cheap!
  11. "The Army is like a tree full of monkeys.........when those at the top look down, they see nothing but smiling faces. When those at the bottom look up.....they see nothing but arseholes!"
  12. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

"Being in the Army is like being a pubic hair on the edge of a urinal - eventually you'll get pissed off."
  13. Bet you felt right at home then eh?