Realigning the British Army after Ukraine

Gentlemen you’re missing the big point here, as July turns to August with numerous lessons being learnt and unlearnt.
Is it possible that the (ours)army could expand going by the attrition rates suffered by both sides.
I know the RLC needs some rebuilding after decades of decimation
I doubt it as the ptb seem to have closed ranks on the ISR being absolutely right and immutable

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
It's difficult to argue with much of that report but one thing I do know is that halfwits like Drax, Francois and Jones would have presided over an even bigger mess.

But that's no consolation. It is however interesting to note that, according to the committee, CR2 entered service in 1988, a full decade earlier than it did in reality.

I look forward to the lessons process for Ukraine and the review of the ISR mentioned by Wallace.

Self explanatory.

Nooooo, the only reason they Ukrainians have got away with LI tactics at the start of the war was because they were well dug in defensive positions, and the Russians completely forgot that All Arms means All Arms, penny packets of Armour operating without infantry support, and vice versa leads to a lot of dead bodies and broken steel. Incompetent doesn't even begin to describe Russian tactics

The Russo-Ukrainian War has reinforced the imporatance of the All Arms Unit, and the need for Artillary, lots of Artillary, and maintennace, and good log chains, and precison munitions that work. If anyone thinks otherwise, they haven't been paying attention

A daughters boyfriend is a Lt in what would once have been RCT.

He said that, in the light of what we have seen in the past few months, the way ammunition, POL, rations, etc have been located, moved forward etc - has been the subject of much discussion. From this, new ideas are being tested a lot at the moment.

SLR_Shooter

War Hero
If I had just said- RLC - he could have been a Cook - or EOD - or a Postie today - or Pioneer Corps (Bless them) or RCT , or

etc etc
'A daughters boyfriend is a Lt in the RLC

He said that, in the light of what we have seen in the past few months, the way ammunition, POL, rations, etc have been located, moved forward etc - has been the subject of much discussion. From this, new ideas are being tested a lot at the moment.'

Still works. We still understand that your daughter's boyfriend was not very good at Sandhurst too.

'A daughters boyfriend is a Lt in the RLC

He said that, in the light of what we have seen in the past few months, the way ammunition, POL, rations, etc have been located, moved forward etc - has been the subject of much discussion. From this, new ideas are being tested a lot at the moment.'

Still works. We still understand that your daughter's boyfriend was not very good at Sandhurst too.

Goodbye ming mong

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
He's in the Royal Logistics Corps.

Fighting Logistics through.

Formed 1993.
There’s no such thing as the Royal Logistics Corps.

FFS.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Do you know anything about Sandhurst? The current Commandant was commissioned into the RCT.

Yokel

LE

Speaking as an outsider, does that not demonstrate that attitudes need to change? My best friend at school wanted to join the Army as a Driver (and did) so why would it be impossible for someone joining as an Officer to have the RLC in mind, the same way that some dark blue and light blue types have logistics roles in mind before they go to Dartmouth or Cranwell?

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Speaking as an outsider, does that not demonstrate that attitudes need to change? My best friend at school wanted to join the Army as a Driver (and did) so why would it be impossible for someone joining as an Officer to have the RLC in mind, the same way that some dark blue and light blue types have logistics roles in mind before they go to Dartmouth or Cranwell?
It isn't impossible and never has been. There's a lot of folk talking shit on here about things they know nothing about.

But hey, it's a Rumour Service, right?

Latest Threads