Real life Rainbow Six

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MicknDarcyJo, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yeah, the one where terrorists use an airliner as a weopon ( although in the book it was the White House)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Just wait till someone decides to nuke the Superbowl...

3. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

actually he wrote about that one as well :D

he has some good terrorist plot lines in the ryan series - the one were one lot of iranian terrs decided to use ebola to cripple the military by creating an epidemic and locking down the country - meanwhile the iranians had assassinated saddam, absorbed iraq into an enlarged islamic republic and were getting ready to roll over saudi was a good read.

after that he had japan waging war on the US then the chinese invading russia - brilliant!!!!

he used to write war games for the pentagon with larry bond who did a really good south african what if called vortex.

the pentagon now employ novelists and screenwriters for scenario handling now as they tend to surprise them. wont be long before they uncover a plot to put snakes on airfirce one :)

besides champion the wonder horse does anyone know what the president actually reads?

4. What about this one then?

http://blog.nam.org/archives/2006/08/steorn.php

An Irish company announce that they have discovered a method of efficient energy production that makes use of magnetic fields.

An un-named islamic country/ies sees this as a direct threat to their previous monopoly on the major source of energy and decide to take direct action.

President Bu... Ryan puts a top scientist at Oak Ridge onto discovering wheter or not the scheme is feasible.

Rainbow Six are then tasked with the covert protection of the Irish company and their scientists....

AQ get the task of eliminating the discoverer and the threat to their power and source of money.....

5. Oh, and whilst you're looking at the url, check the rebuttal from a chap with an arabic type name.......

edited to include the following; Then follow the url for the bloke who posted the rebuttal... is it just me?

6. Wasn't it a japanese pilot (as a prelude to a war) & Congress...?

lancslad

7. yeah your right there Lancslad. it was at the end of 'Debt of Honour' & it was a Jap airlines pilot who flew the 747 as he was pissed at the death of his son & brother in combat with US forces.

have I just spoilt the book for anyone who has not read it? oops! :eek:

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. shh

What ever you do don't tell them that Ryan becomes president during the aftermath

9. err I think that was the gist of the first post mate :D

Sum of all fears is my favourite Clancy book, however it was a crap film. I liked the way he proved what a marea weak president would have on the world and how you have to have balls of steel in the politics game, unlike many politicians I could name

10. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Wah shield up.

Clancy became famous BECAUSE President Reagan said that The Hunt for Red October was a "darn good yarn" when asked what book he read. Queue best sellers list, riches, divorce, more riches, younger wife, dead.

11. I think that a wah becomes void after 9 years.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

or when both parties are dead?

13. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Clancy was once quoted, post 9/11, as saying he only went with one plane as more than one would've been regarded as beyond credibility.

How desperately sad that he was wrong in hindsight.

14. When did you die?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.