Real IRA: We will take campaign to Britain

Dissident republicans claim responsibility for the murder of Denis Donaldson and issue stinging denunciation of Martin McGuinness

The Real IRA has claimed responsibility for killing Sinn Féin's former chief administrator at Stormont and long-serving British spy, Denis Donaldson and threatened to carry out attacks in Britain "when it becomes opportune".

In an interview with the Sunday Tribune, a representative of the Real IRA Army Council revealed exclusive details of Donaldson's murder and of the gun attack on Massereene British Army base in which two soldiers were killed.

The Sunday Tribune today prints the statement which includes a stinging denunciation of Sinn Féin deputy first minister, Martin McGuinness, who has branded the hardline republicans as "traitors".

Donaldson was murdered at a remote Co Donegal cottage three years ago. Until now, the identity of his assassins, and their exact motivation, has remained a mystery. The Real IRA is due to publicly admit killing Donaldson at a 32 County Sovereignty Movement Easter commemoration in Derry tomorrow.

A "member of the republican movement" is to read out a statement in which the Real IRA threatens to kill young Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) recruits if they don't leave the force, and issues a "final warning" to civilians providing services to police to stop or be "executed".

When asked if the Real IRA planned to attack Britain, the Army Council representative stated: "When it becomes opportune.'' He said that the Real IRA's strategy is not to return to a sustained campaign of violence but to "engage in tactical use of armed struggle".

"The days of a campaign involving military operations every day or every few days, are over," the Army Council representative said. "We're looking for high-profile targets, though we'll obviously take advantage when other targets present themselves."

In the Real IRA's first interview post-Massereene, its spokesman said: "Taking military action against Sinn Féin leaders who are British ministers, or who urge nationalists to inform on us, isn't high on our agenda at the moment. However, that isn't to say this position won't change and, indeed change quickly, under certain circumstances."

The Real IRA Easter statement says: "A former comrade [Martin McGuinness] has come full circle and, with a knight of the British realm [PSNI Chief Constable Sir Hugh Orde] at his shoulder, he has labelled our gallant volunteers as traitors to justify his Redmondite stance and home rule politics.

"Let us remind our former comrade of the nature and actions of a traitor. Treachery is collaborating with the enemy, treachery is betraying your country. Let us give our one- time comrade an example. Denis Donaldson was a traitor and the leadership of the Provisional movement, under guidance from the British government, made provision for Donaldson to escape republican justice in the same manner as Freddie Scappaticci.

"It fell to the volunteers of Óglaigh na hÉireann to carry out the sentence and punishment demanded in our Army Orders and by the wider republican family. No traitor will escape justice regardless of time, rank or past actions. The republican movement has a long memory."

The Army Council representative said two Real IRA members, armed with a sledgehammer and a shotgun, broke down the door of Donaldson's cottage: "He just ran into the back room. There was a struggle, and he ended up on the ground. He didn't cry out or plead for mercy. He remained silent all the time."

The Real IRA said it wanted to hunt down all ex-informers. Its "prime target" is British agent, Freddie Scappaticci, who formerly ran the Provisional IRA's internal security and was responsible for the death and imprisonment of scores of republicans.

The Army Council representative claimed that although several guns had been seized in police raids following Massereene, the two weapons used to kill the soldiers hadn't been found.

Security experts were surprised the Massereene getaway car hadn't been burned out. The Real IRA spokesman said: "The car was doused in petrol. It was ablaze when our volunteers left the scene. Because a window hadn't been left open, the fire burned itself out."

In a chilling warning that nationalist youth who join the PSNI are in danger, the Real IRA statement says: "Let us be clear so there is no further ambiguity on the matter: any young person fool enough to join the colonial police in the belief that the leadership of the Provisional movement will protect them, or give them cover, is sadly mistaken."

I can not imagine, why they are avoiding issuing a direct threat against Martin McGuinness. He has always been such a sweet man, much given to random acts of kindness, as all the World knows!

IndianaDel said:
I can not imagine, why they are avoiding issuing a direct threat against Martin McGuinness. He has always been such a sweet man, much given to random acts of kindness, as all the World knows!
Because, IndianaDel, while they may be foolish, they are not that foolish. Threatening Mr. M. is a very dangerous game to play and they know it.

This statement smells of a bunch of walts bigging themselves up they are mainly a bunch of young men trying to prove they are as hard as there fathers the very definition of a walt.

Not much chance of them attacking us with the country on lockdown if you even fart in public now you have the police testing it for chemical agents.

albimangles said:
This statement smells of a bunch of walts bigging themselves up they are mainly a bunch of young men trying to prove they are as hard as there fathers the very definition of a walt.

Not much chance of them attacking us with the country on lockdown if you even fart in public now you have the police testing it for chemical agents.
They may be many things, but 'walt' isnt a term I would use for these 'people'

P

PrinceAlbert

albimangles said:
I think you underestimate these people.

PrinceAlbert said:
albimangles said:
While capable of extreme thuggery, they have the organisational, social and Int skills of rabid hyenas, hopefully any attempt at a "spectacular" would be beyond them, in fact that is what I thought was meant by "When it becomes opportune.'' i.e... Not up to the job yet..

Just my opinion though.

There is a simple solution. We know who and where they are, lift 'em all, put them in Orange suits and drop them on Lundy Island, get the RM to patrol around in rigid raiders and shoot anybody that tries to leave.

And before any tree huggers say you can't do that it will infringe their human rights, they have threatened mine and I would like my government to get the retaliation in first.

Oh fuck, just spotted the flaw.....

There are endangered species on Lundy Island, Drop them on Rockall or Gruinard.

P

PrinceAlbert

adouglasmhor said:
PrinceAlbert said:
albimangles said:
While capable of extreme thuggery, they have the organisational, social and Int skills of rabid hyenas, hopefully any attempt at a "spectacular" would be beyond them, in fact that is what I thought was meant by "When it becomes opportune.'' i.e... Not up to the job yet..

Just my opinion though.
None of which are required to create havoc on the London underground system, and potentially harm a lot of people.

barrett said:
IndianaDel said:
Because, IndianaDel, while they may be foolish, they are not that foolish. Threatening Mr. M. is a very dangerous game to play and they know it.
Seconded; if they go after Martin, they risk being slotted by the organisation he has served with distinction for over 20 years...

...MI5 can be right nasty b@stards when someone attacks their Touts(allegedly)! :twisted:

PrinceAlbert said:
None of which are required to create havoc on the London underground system, and potentially harm a lot of people.
But you do need photographs and the Met are on top of that one :lol:

PrinceAlbert said:
adouglasmhor said:
PrinceAlbert said:
albimangles said:

Just my opinion though.
If it is so easy it makes you wonder how it has not already happened. In case you had not noticed we are already at war with a few terrorists.

Thought this quite interesting (clicky) Midway down the page - "Linda Pressly investigates the impact of the latest Northern Ireland violence." Especially after that telly prog 'Five minutes of Heaven' too...

adouglasmhor said:
PrinceAlbert said:
albimangles said:

Just my opinion though.
With all due respect, there are families of two soldiers and one police officer who would disagree with you.

Yes, the CIRA are not about to set off a Dirty Bomb in London. But a couple of Bog-wogs with AK47's and some basic paramilitary training would cause absolute fcuking carnage if they attacked a soft target. And even "with the country on lockdown", there are still plenty of those. :evil:

Very few people in NI, on either side of the divide, have any interest in a return to civil unrest. Adams and and McGuinness are in power now and doing quite nicely out of a stable Ulster, as are their Unionist contemporaries. The IRA and UDA hard men are up to their eyes in crime, and won't welcome the PSNI stepping up activities in the wake of more sectarian attacks. The general public have had enough of murder disguised as conflict.

These jokers talk a good fight, but if they try anything big they'll be on their own and they know it. They don't have the support, the funding, the organisation or the training PIRA had (and despite this PIRA was thoroughly penetrated by the intelligence services). Once they start threatening people's newly secured peaceful incomes it's a level bet who gets them first, the PSNI or the gangsters.

FrankCastle i agree with you,

RIRA & CIRA are NOT to be under estimated & people should be aware & remember that!

SIS & other agencies involved are constantly busy at work mainly due to AQ but the two splinter groups are making it known to people they have'nt gone away & i agree even a small amount of paramilitary trg & the right sources/equipment could quite easily diasble a major UK city with the right int & know how!

Yes the security level is at lockdown, but these men & women are staunch fanatics & everybody & anybody should never forget that & still do their part to be vigilant. Human error, relaxed attitude & complancancy is a risk we can ill afford to ignore.

ringdoby said:
albimangles said:

They may be many things, but 'walt' isnt a term I would use for these 'people'
Allegedly many years ago in the 70s, the IRA tried to get some help from the Soviets and at a meeting with the KGB they introduced themselves by their pretend ranks, Colonel Paddy etc etc. Apparently the Soviets declined involvement and regarded the IRA representatives as Waltskis.