Real IRA caught smuggling

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Plant-Pilot, May 7, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. According to the BBC, members of the real IRA have been caught trying to smuggle 500,000 quid worth of fags from Spain into Britain.

Well it seems they are keeping up the long IRA tradition of obtaining funding by gangster activities.

2. Have to roll your own for a day or two then.

Normal service no doubt will be resumed very soon.

3. I see that you conveniently "forgot" to mention that the article says "suspected members of the Real IRA"!

MsG

4. Not like the Real IRA to get caught! Sure it wasn't the Stickies??

5. I'll be very supprised if it is the real IRA. This sort of stuff is done by us Cockneys on away day coach trips to Calais!!! :lol:

6. cocker-knees? Oooh err me old jellied eel!

7. No Govner, 3,000 snouts in a super size empty box of ariel washing powder!!!

8. Hmmm do they still do Cherry-Vanilla Flavour Real IRA, or can you only get that in Provisional brand?

This is about as surprising as nightfall...maybe Customs should make them smoke them all to learn their lesson :twisted:

9. Smoke them? They should be made to eat them...

10. Bugg£r! There goes my stash!

11. What's the difference? It'll all come out in the wash.

I don't think all those cigareettes were for personal use.

12. I was coming through Dover two years ago on an away day trip, the bus was stopped and we all had to walk through the Customs hall. This guy in front of me gets pulled and his bag is searched. inside the bag was about 300 packets of different brands of fags. The Customs Officer informed the guy he cannot bring back assorted brands and belived they were not for his own personal comsumption.

He then replies with a cracker, he told the Officer that he had a game of poker on the Ferry and instead of playing for cash they all played with packets of fags. The Officer just couldnt reply to that comment and let him go with all the assorted fags!!.

13. Good, nice one.

Don't get me started on customs officials.

Didn't Hoverspeed take HM Customs to court?

I really must follow up on that story.

14. Yes, judgement was in favour of Hoverspeed against UK Customs and their policy of vehicle seizure for unpaid duty. customs action was entirely disproportionate to the alleged 'offence' and therefore an illegal misuse of their wide discretionary powers.

15. Didn't help the poor buggers who had company cars impounded & lost their jobs though. Fcuking customs :evil: