Real IRA caught smuggling

#1
According to the BBC, members of the real IRA have been caught trying to smuggle 500,000 quid worth of fags from Spain into Britain.

Well it seems they are keeping up the long IRA tradition of obtaining funding by gangster activities.
 
#3
Plant-Pilot said:
According to the BBC, members of the real IRA have been caught trying to smuggle 500,000 quid worth of fags from Spain into Britain.

Well it seems they are keeping up the long IRA tradition of obtaining funding by gangster activities.
I see that you conveniently "forgot" to mention that the article says "suspected members of the Real IRA"!

MsG
 
#8
Hmmm do they still do Cherry-Vanilla Flavour Real IRA, or can you only get that in Provisional brand?

This is about as surprising as nightfall...maybe Customs should make them smoke them all to learn their lesson :twisted:
 
#11
Bugsy7 said:
Plant-Pilot said:
According to the BBC, members of the real IRA have been caught trying to smuggle 500,000 quid worth of fags from Spain into Britain.

Well it seems they are keeping up the long IRA tradition of obtaining funding by gangster activities.
I see that you conveniently "forgot" to mention that the article says "suspected members of the Real IRA"!

MsG
What's the difference? It'll all come out in the wash.

I don't think all those cigareettes were for personal use.
 
#12
What's the difference? It'll all come out in the wash.

I don't think all those cigareettes were for personal use.
I was coming through Dover two years ago on an away day trip, the bus was stopped and we all had to walk through the Customs hall. This guy in front of me gets pulled and his bag is searched. inside the bag was about 300 packets of different brands of fags. The Customs Officer informed the guy he cannot bring back assorted brands and belived they were not for his own personal comsumption.

He then replies with a cracker, he told the Officer that he had a game of poker on the Ferry and instead of playing for cash they all played with packets of fags. The Officer just couldnt reply to that comment and let him go with all the assorted fags!!.
 
#13
india-juliet said:
What's the difference? It'll all come out in the wash.

I don't think all those cigareettes were for personal use.
I was coming through Dover two years ago on an away day trip, the bus was stopped and we all had to walk through the Customs hall. This guy in front of me gets pulled and his bag is searched. inside the bag was about 300 packets of different brands of fags. The Customs Officer informed the guy he cannot bring back assorted brands and belived they were not for his own personal comsumption.

He then replies with a cracker, he told the Officer that he had a game of poker on the Ferry and instead of playing for cash they all played with packets of fags. The Officer just couldnt reply to that comment and let him go with all the assorted fags!!.
Good, nice one.

Don't get me started on customs officials.

Didn't Hoverspeed take HM Customs to court?

I really must follow up on that story.
 
#14
Don't get me started on customs officials.

Didn't Hoverspeed take HM Customs to court?

I really must follow up on that story.
Yes, judgement was in favour of Hoverspeed against UK Customs and their policy of vehicle seizure for unpaid duty. customs action was entirely disproportionate to the alleged 'offence' and therefore an illegal misuse of their wide discretionary powers.
 
#15
india-juliet said:
Don't get me started on customs officials.

Didn't Hoverspeed take HM Customs to court?

I really must follow up on that story.
Yes, judgement was in favour of Hoverspeed against UK Customs and their policy of vehicle seizure for unpaid duty. customs action was entirely disproportionate to the alleged 'offence' and therefore an illegal misuse of their wide discretionary powers.
Didn't help the poor buggers who had company cars impounded & lost their jobs though. Fcuking customs :evil:
 
#16
Andyroo said:
india-juliet said:
Don't get me started on customs officials.

Didn't Hoverspeed take HM Customs to court?

I really must follow up on that story.
Yes, judgement was in favour of Hoverspeed against UK Customs and their policy of vehicle seizure for unpaid duty. customs action was entirely disproportionate to the alleged 'offence' and therefore an illegal misuse of their wide discretionary powers.
Didn't help the poor buggers who had company cars impounded & lost their jobs though. Fcuking customs :evil:
If memory serves me right, the customers took the Customs to court on behalf of Hoverspeed who paid there legal costs.
 
#17
I think I have heard this before,

take two well known Provos, they visit a foreign land "on holiday", spookily they become involved in local crime, they get arrested and later convicted, they are let out on bail, they abscond and somehow return to Eire to live openly in the community without fear of extradition and protected by Ahern.

May be different this time because, unlike Columbia, Spain is in the EU ...but I suspect the outcome will be the same.

Good to see that Slab got a 3.6m tax demand from the IR authorities last week though, he's got that in petty cash.
 
#18
take two well known Provos, they visit a foreign land "on holiday", spookily they become involved in local crime, they get arrested and later convicted, they are let out on bail, they abscond and somehow return to Eire to live openly in the community without fear of extradition and protected by Ahern.

May be different this time because, unlike Columbia, Spain is in the EU ...but I suspect the outcome will be the same.

Good to see that Slab got a 3.6m tax demand from the IR authorities last week though, he's got that in petty cash.
Please quote cases that Ahern has protected Provos?
 
#19
The theory about them being real IRA members seems slim :

Two men alleged to be members of the Real IRA who were arrested in Spain have been released on bail.
The men, one from Northern Ireland and the other from the Republic, were detained in Malaga at the weekend on suspicion of smuggling.

Thomas Philip Corley, 32, from Dublin and 41-year-old Aaron William Jordan from Lisburn were arrested after police seized half a million cigarettes.
 
#20
india-juliet said:
take two well known Provos, they visit a foreign land "on holiday", spookily they become involved in local crime, they get arrested and later convicted, they are let out on bail, they abscond and somehow return to Eire to live openly in the community without fear of extradition and protected by Ahern.

May be different this time because, unlike Columbia, Spain is in the EU ...but I suspect the outcome will be the same.

Good to see that Slab got a 3.6m tax demand from the IR authorities last week though, he's got that in petty cash.
Please quote cases that Ahern has protected Provos?
I'm with India Juliet on this one. Bertie Ahern has never protected Real IRA members.
 

Latest Threads

New Posts