Real IRA admit shooting of Policeman

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Romeo_47, Nov 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, just been updated on the BBC website. That the RIRA claim they shot the policeman last week.

Link

2. If arrested the gunmen will be made a Minister no doubt.

3. Twenty to Thirty years and they will be running Stormont.

4. will it all kick off again? i mean like it used to soldiers on the streets, police in riot gear all the time?

5. Don't think so. No US greenbacks flowing in, the way that they used to.

6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Can't think why, but "A Dollar for the boyse" doesn't carry the same weight as it did a while back. Chickens, home, roost, New York, Firefighters, dead.

7. Perhaps the real question of the day is when is Paisley going to get the Loyalist gangs of the streets and stop their drug business

8. As sure as night follows day. If the present Government gets their way it won't be our Army in the next round.

9. What goes around comes around. Unpopular perhaps but thats life

10. I'm not sure any of the politicos have that much grip on the reigns any more.

The foot soldiers they used to control have degenerated into street gangs with a bit of history behind them.

I can't see McGuiness et al being too chuffed at IRA shenanigans - they probably (rightly) think that they reduce their standing in the South, which is their next target constituency. Political power is what they're after now. Armed violence loses them votes and influence.

Likewise Paisley the thunderbox won't be too chuffed at Loyalist misbehaviour as it'll lose him what middle ground there is in the Province.

Something very drastic indeed would need to happen to re-ignite the place. The start conditions for an insurrection / armed insurgency / whatever you want to call it just aren't there.

11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

aaand there's the rub. Loyalists and Fenians all rolling in filthy drug and organised crime lucre. About as much chance of stopping that without bloodshed and a return to the old ways as we are in stopping the Afghan opium trade.

12. Except for perhaps, the inbred pschotic and homicidal tendencies of a large chunk of the population of 'the island of Ireland'?

13. Looking at the state of Paisley Snr yesterday, the man looks like he's not long for this world.

Let his lad take over..then watch the fun and games begin, bigotted fool.

MB

14. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Will there be an investigation, and possible prosecution, related to their 'shoot to kill' policy?

15. Maybe so Western, But they've not got anything to focus on. The general living standards and social inequalities have eased more into something approaching mainland UK. Left footers aren't treated as untermensch any more (to my knowledge, but I might be a touch out of date), and the prods aren't fired up by hellfire and brimstone the way that they used to.

Granted, the oirish like a scrap, but they don't have a cause to scrap for, and don't have the good ol' US to act as QM / Finance.

Edited for mlaar spelling.