Real Ale Train

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Markintime, Oct 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just saw this, if it runs next year it could make a good crawl!

Attached Files:

• RAT.jpg
      RAT.jpg
      File size:
      116.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Had a pop the other month and its a good night!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fun's fun, but I'd probably give the 'Itchen Valley' a miss, it might save a bit of explaining to Mrs MiT later.

Added: I think 'if I were you' might fit in there somewhere.

4. Thats properly my turf.... lived there 30 years never been on it..

The railway pub is an award winner though always get the wets in prior to getting on the train

All the auld alton gadgies trip around on it all the time

Could be a strong REME/RAF chinook force run ashore due to location, I'm sure alot of brycream boys lash it up in the railway

5. Do they serve Babycham then?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Do they use a Deltic to pull it along?

7. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

You could count me in on this.

8. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Ale Trail :: Home

The northern version. You get off the train and pop to a nearby pub, until you feel like a change of pint.

• Like Like x 1
  9. That's it, that's fcuking it.......you are on the fcuking list, fcuking trough dancing
    Deltic lover.

10. It also goes back in time from Stalybridge to the Dark Ages.

11. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Not a very long journey then!

12. Eee, a couple 'o pints in Slough-it and a fair few more in Dowsbra, I'd be up for that.

13. Do you have to wear an Arran wool sweater and listen to folk songs when you do this?

14. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Only in Sheffield.

15. I believe the correct CAMRA uniform is an open necked unwashed cotton shirt covered by a cable knit cardigan with leather patches at the sleeve. Beards are mandatory, spectacles optional but, if worn must be black or tortoiseshell rimmed and have a visible repair. Corduroy trousers (any colour but extra points for red) are de rigueur and of course light tan socks with brown sandals. Beer guts are also required as are dandruff and halitosis. The well-turned out member will also sport a copy of the Guardian. Discussion will centre on hops, beer and brewing. Any mention of sex or women will be met with unknowing blank looks. All talk of beer must be made in a loud whining voice that sounds like a civil servant with terminal constipation.

• Like Like x 1