• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Real Ale or Lager/Pils?

Do you beat your wife though? you bearded pipe smoker

Tell me more about these "Lager Pills" how many do you take to get pi55ed? Does one pill = one pint or a half, these could save a lot of time and trips to the bog!

oldbaldy

LE

Barrack Room Lawyer said:
Tell me more about these "Lager Pills" how many do you take to get pi55ed? Does one pill = one pint or a half, these could save a lot of time and trips to the bog!
"Pilsner" stoopid!

Before Germany I was real ale through and through, then I discovered what real pils/lager was... now I can go to a pub in Belfast and drink the same stuff I was supping in Germany... it is far, far preferable to Harp, which frankly is pish

Unfortunately, I can't get this in Belfast

Giancarlo_Badass said:
Barrack Room Lawyer said:
"Pilsner" stoopid!

Whatever's free, basically.

But if I do have to pay for it, or someone's given me a choice, Spitfire is my tipple of choice.

I'm ambidextrous. I like real ales better for indoor drinking and pils for outdoors i.e. summer. When I go to China I just can't get decent ales, but they do do a decent lager nowadays.

Neither I'm afraid! I go straight on to the Jack Daniels, we've been mates for quite some time now. You should all meet him :)

smudge67 said:
Neither I'm afraid! I go straight on to the Jack Daniels, we've been mates for quite some time now. You should all meet him :)
I call him John.......... 8)

(ok it's from scent of a woman but it's a cool line)

Real Ale if there's something decent on tap.

Stella if not.

If the pipes are furred up to fcuk and there's a webbed cyclops serving I'll take a vodka drowned in Jagermeister.

I have to admit I am more inclined to real ale. Even as a snotty nosed teenager.

Good to see that real ale is still up there. If I make it as a pro brewer (this is a dream of mine after being a homebrewer for some time and after spending a day working at a brewery I would love to do this as a profession, give me another five years and I reckon I'll be there) ARRSE will be my first point of call. Smartascarrots gets first dibs though, since he was one of the very few people to read though my dissertation!

Cheers,

Tom.

I choose real ale if there's no Belgian beers on tap, although if you hunt around for them, especially in Germany there are some great lagers out there.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Gays, the lot of you: