Ready steady cook - a twist for scout group

CountryGal

MIA
Book Reviewer
We're doing a ready steady cook off tomorrow night for my scout network group ( 18-25 yo) so I was thinking a twist on the normal show by doing a mock tail session.

We aren't allowed to encourage them in drinking alchol so if I got say 6 different juices - which ones would allow the most combinations of mock tails - or should I get 4 base juices and two weirder ones to encourage creativity? has anyone done this before?

Will then think of a main course assembly for them to Come up with dinner for 10!

Any sensible / semi sensible non naafi answers greatly received ;)

L

lumpy2

CG, I've no idea how many ingredients go into a mocktail, as I believe soft drinks are for puffs.

However, I'm fairly sure that some spicy or unusual ingredients may be appreciated so here's my suggestions, in addition to the base juices:

Ginger beer or cream soda in place of lemonade
Celery salt, tomato juice, tabasco and Worcester sauce for a non alcoholic "bloody mary"
Iced tea or coffee frappe
Creative things with fruit decorations

CountryGal

MIA
Book Reviewer
CG, I've no idea how many ingredients go into a mocktail, as I believe soft drinks are for puffs.
Half of my problem too! Lol but in the "spirit" of the rules we need to keep them alchol free

I like the unusual sauces though, and have all of them in my cupboard so less outlay too!

You should include two ingredients which, when mixed together, have the propensity to curdle.

I don't know which, I'm merely offering a suggestion to sort the knowledgeable from the wingers.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I wonder if kids would actually like an alcohol free Bloody Mary. I never liked them until I had them with Rumpelstitskin, then he's dreamy.

CountryGal

MIA
Book Reviewer
thanks for the suggestions Ill add those to my list of things to get