Ready for a flurry of sarcasm and abuse.

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by mofoman, Sep 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good afternoon all and thank you for taking the time to read/comment on my post.

to cut a long story short. I have the incredible privilege to be attending an INT corp selection weekend at some point in the new year, as such I have received my joining instructions. while reading through said instructions I have noticed that phase 2 training is said to be 16 weeks long however i have been led to believe that it was 27 weeks. I don't know if this includes leave, exercises, adventurous training etc. or if it is an error but if anyone could clear this up for me that would be lovely.

Thank you everyone who reads or comments for your time.

2. Yes of course your phase two is six months long.

I do so love an oxymoron.

3. As your title suggests please repost this in the NAAFI forum.

4. You will have to forgive me as I don't see how phase 2 training taking 6 months is a contradiction of terms?
    Also is this your way of saying that it is in fact 16 weeks and not 27 weeks?

5. The answer is in your joining instructions. Failing that ask on your selection.

6. What Corps do you want to join again?

• Like Like x 4
  7. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Hey, de nada. I live to serve. What was the question again?

Er, my forgiveness is not on demand so no. I will not have to forgive you. Now it is my turn to ask the questions.

Which part of the two word expression 'Intelligence Corps' do you feel is the most important?

8. Don't listen to them Mofoman. They know nothing,
    Phase two training is divided. It can be 16 or 27 weeks. Generally those assessed as "able" are placed on the 16 week cadre. Those who will require extra training do the 27 week course.
    Your post would suggest you are one of the "advantaged" and are destined for a great future in the Corp. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thank you very much for the quick, informative reply and the vote of confidence.
    there's always one diamond in the rough although I do enjoy reading some of the comments that are written on this forum.

thanks again, your a gentleman and a scholar.

10. You seem like a bit of a cock....are you sure you will fit in with the green slime?

11. This is my 'professional/intellectual' attitude and although it does make me come off as a bit of a 'cock' it makes the right impressions with the right people, occasionally. If you met me in a pub on a Saturday night I would be more than happy to show you how to swing in a purely platonic way of course.

12. All very vanilla, I'm sure.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thank you sir.
    If you need any more up to date information on the Corp. please don't hesitate to post.

14. I prefer peach flavour.

15. Sounds like he's living the 1920's doncha know, or is a Sloane ranger wanabee.