Reading Pride protest again Chick-f-A

I was thinking this a bit out of a hand and similar to XR, Reading Pride, a gay charity are directing support to boycott a US owned business which has opened up a branch in Reading due to some comments the owner made in 2012 which were found to be homophobic,

A more painless solution would be simple; don't like it? don't eat there, but tomorrow they are planning a "peaceful protest", I'm guessing basically disrupting activity by harassing the staff and customers.

Now thanks to their pressure the Oracle shopping mall which houses the businesses will not be allowing to continue beyond their 6 month pilot scheme.

Reading Chick-fil-A outlet to close in LGBT rights row

Chick-fil-A opens first UK branch in Reading, but the company has a history of supporting anti-LGBT causes

Reading Pride organising protest against Chick Fil-A surrounding homophobic claims

So it's a load of cocks wanting to no platform a business selling cock

So it's a load of cocks wanting to no platform a business selling cock
Perhaps the people protesting are forgetting money is power, and the fact that the guy who owns the corporation might be a d*ck but hes a big money swinging d*ck who can say and do what he likes... Tony Montana style

Last edited:

Mrsheeny

Old-Salt
I think Chick-fil-a should reach out the olive branch and start selling hot dogs to cater for the LGBTQWERTY customers.

I reckon they’d go down well, I reckon they’d go up well too.

The more interesting aspect is where this places the MOD and its policy of supporting Pride events.

Are HM Forces now involved in an organisation that is actively involved in politics? Does the MOD support political action against a perfectly legitimate business because they apparently donated to the Salvation Army ( as per the BBC article)???

Surely those of us that support the aims of Extinction Rebellion should be able to join their protests in uniform as it is a "climate emergency " .... not a political movement????

This is why many shake their heads at what UK society has come to expect as acceptable. When the Chick-fil-a opened its first international franchise in Toronto last month , you had the same reaction from the lgbtcfghjj and animal rights groups with their protesting and stupid antics. In the end nobody gave a shït and there were nice long Q’s to get in the restaurant as that’s what the majority of the people cared about, food, not the religious beliefs the owners of the company have. The protesters have done nothing but give unpaid publicity to the company that will bring in even more customers, smart bunch they are. 6 months will be more than enough time to establish whether or not the chain is viable in the UK, they lose the lease and set up somewhere else, not exactly a victory for the outrage community.......

To be honest if I was scoffing in Reading I’d be more likely to try out German Doner...

Ritch

LE
I tried Chick-fil-A whilst in Seattle recently. What a load of over-priced shite.

Just thought someone would like to know.

*this was a public service announcement by Ritch*

Slime

LE
As a random thought, I wonder what the protesters think of the Kray twins.
The twins did and said some nasty things.

I tried Chick-fil-A whilst in Seattle recently. What a load of over-priced shite.

Just thought someone would like to know.

*this was a public service announcement by Ritch*
You were also wanking at the firearms counter of a sporting good store...

Chick-Fil-A is pretty decent and better than McDonalds.

Actually before today I'd never even heard of the place! So yes they have given publicity to the corporation as a whole! I for one will be present to observe how badly it gets (hopefully some violance and profonanity)

I'll try and capture footage on my phone for hi-lights of violance

Last edited:
This is why many shake their heads at what UK society has come to expect as acceptable. When the Chick-fil-a opened its first international franchise in Toronto last month , you had the same reaction from the lgbtcfghjj and animal rights groups with their protesting and stupid antics. In the end nobody gave a shït and there were nice long Q’s to get in the restaurant as that’s what the majority of the people cared about, food, not the religious beliefs the owners of the company have. The protesters have done nothing but give unpaid publicity to the company that will bring in even more customers, smart bunch they are. 6 months will be more than enough time to establish whether or not the chain is viable in the UK, they lose the lease and set up somewhere else, not exactly a victory for the outrage community.......
What people don't realize is that Chick-Fil-A franchises are always exceptionally clean and the staff are paid fairly well and most are always uber polite and helpful. Being closed on Sunday's means that everybody who works in one will get at least one day off during the week.

I think Chick-fil-a should reach out the olive branch and start selling hot dogs to cater for the LGBTQWERTY customers.

I reckon they’d go down well, I reckon they’d go up well too.
If they're for the LGblahblah community will you be able to turn the frankfurter inside out making it completely unappetising to all except a few weirdos.

It's a shame people aren't actually entitled to their opinions anymore as much as we say we are.

I'm not a fan of same-sex marriages either and I find the idea of men kissing each other abhorrent, I don't however discriminate against them, few of my best mates have been poofs, so what if the bloke who owns the corporation has his values and doesn't like homos.

It's not for everyone

Awol

LE
The .01% of the population that are LBGITS need to realise that not all of the remaining 99.99% of the populace are going to cravenly surrender to their noisy bullying.

The .01% of the population that are LBGITS need to realise that not all of the remaining 99.99% of the populace are going to cravenly surrender to their noisy bullying.
tell that to a certain Australian sports body.
And, tomorrow, the cry goes up "If Israel Folau had been playing, maybe we'd have beaten England"

Mrsheeny

Old-Salt
tell that to a certain Australian sports body.
And, tomorrow, the cry goes up "If Israel Folau had been playing, maybe we'd have beaten England"
The thing I like about Folou is he’s stuck to his guns, despite the whole media, sponsors and rugby union mob trying to bully him into having ‘the right kind of opinions and thoughts’.

Good on you Israel, another Rugby League product gone over to the dark side.

Latest Threads