Reading between the lines in Confidential Reports - Quotes

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Baggins, Mar 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "This man works well under close supervision", "I would not trust this man to sit the right way round on a lavatory seat", etc.

I heard that someone, possibly from the Navy, had published a collection of amusing quotes from CRs and have searched without success. Does anyone know if it exists and where it might be found (Or has this already been covered on Arrse)?

If it hasn't been covered, there must be some prize examples that Arrsers could put forward.
  2. Was shown a CR that said 'This soldier sits in the middle of my privates'.
  3. 'A hard drinking officer, he brings disgrace upon himself and the service.'

I never could fathom out exactly what it was that he was trying to say...
  4. outspoken to the point of being disloyal---told troop leader were to f,,off
    strangly didnt get my promotion that year,,,
  5. I'll misquote it, but a well known Naval one went along the lines of:

"This officer has used my ship primarily to transport his loins around the globe."
  6. One of mine back in the 70's stated "this man should never be employed in a large peacetime Headquarters". Feck knows what that meant.
  7. Thanks Ex_STAB. Any idea if there book does exist, or is it just wishful thinking?
  8. "On the positive side, this man can ride a bike"

(we can add urban myths - right?)
  9. Check out thr RLC Yearbook for some cunning quotes from current CRs
  10. Don't know about a book. Sorry.
  11. One of the statements in mine once was "A very loyal supporter of the Corporals mess.... May as well have been "Bit of a pi*s head"
  12. The book indeed exists! It is by Rick Jolly. Will look up the details and post directly.
  13. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I once got "To say B&T has had a succesful reporting period would be untrue" Which I thought was slightly harsh, she was over 18 and the first Mrs B&T was in the uk.