Readers Digest

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by 12volts, Feb 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At long f*cking last, Readers Digest has gone into administration. :lol:

Those buggers hounded me years ago, it got so bad that I had to get 4 house bricks, bound and wrapped in brown paper to post to them using their pre-paid reply envelope to stop there mail.

And another thing, how many people do you know called 'Tom Champagne' the man who dishes out prize money??

I bet Readers Digest know where Bin Laden lives.

2. Doctor's waiting rooms will still be ok.Our has them from the early 80's.

3. There were some real gems in the "humour in uniform" bit they used to have.

4. Sad,but the clue is in the name. To read,one has to be taught properly,and encouraged from an early age.

I blame the Education,Education,Education crew,for turning out mong,after mong,after mong. :)

5. To those who say "nothing is impossible" ....

"Oh no? Have you ever tried getting yourself off the Readers Digest mailing list?"

6. Yes, i bought them out and put them into administration. :twisted:

7. I liked those little quotations and nuggets of humour or wisdom that appeared at the bottom of some of the pages. The best one I ever read was "When the Israelites saw Goliath, they all said "He's too big. We'll never kill him." But when David saw the same giant, he said "Fcuk me! Look at the size of that C*nt. I can't miss!" (Or words to that effect.) It's a philosophy that's served me well ever since. :D

8. i feel partly to blame here!!

i said yes to a few of the offers while i was moving house and recieved a few books but forgot to return them!!

its a cracking atlas of the world mind!! :)

well they wouldnt leave me alone so i said yes for once!!!

9. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

Not so great for those of them expecting a pension from the £125 million under funded pot though

It wasnt the best magazine for the 21st century but shame its ending like this

10. Me too, I kept signing oppos up for introductory offers and the like whilst they were in Belize, Falklands etc..

11. Bugrit... I've been waiting for years for me £250,000-00 prize of cash...... they keep telling me that I have won..... boo hoo... I've nothing to look forward to as mail plops through my letter box.... I've been telling everyone that I am an ecentric millionaire...... b**gar and darn it..... all is lost...... now what do I do with all those books I have bought over the past 15 years...... :? :oops:

12. They publish(ed) a magazine made up of stuff they mostly got elsewhere.
    How many of them can there be?

13. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

The bbc report says about 100