Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Read this 1st - OPMI - What it is like (The Basics)

Invicta said:
Avante said:
Very insightful post, thankyou it has answered alot of my questions that i never had to ask :)
I'm awaiting my ADSC date of September 16th upon completion of that i have been told i will be coming to Chicksands in October at some point.
I can not wait!
-Zak

Oh, by the way 'Zak', now that you have announced what is probably your real name, the instructors at Chicksands will know who you are; so watch what you post, especially when you are in Phase 2. Having been a Templer instructor in the past, trawling through recruits posts is always interesting. Remember, no real names on ARRSE!!!

Especially as there won't be that many Zaks from West Yorkshire....

Okay my bad my bad!
But providing i make the grade and get in the corps, there is no way in hell i would compromise OPSEC :)
Im sorry, signing my posts has just become a habit rather than doing it on purpose and i never thought about instructors reading my posts, if they do however i havent said anything i would not disclose to them or havent already.
Sorry for being careless

Not to mention the fact that your entire military history (albeit short) is posted on your signature block! Something like "i'm going to be in the Army soon" might do?

Avante said:
Okay my bad my bad!
But providing i make the grade and get in the corps, there is no way in hell i would compromise OPSEC :)

Regardless of if you did or didn't in the future, you allready have comprimised PERSEC.

Thanks for all these posts its really helped. I am attending selection at Chicksands tomorrow so any last minute advice would be great. Also I have noticed a lot of people getting angry over people using incorrect spelling and grammar how much emphasis is put on this at selection?

LCpl - (High Band Pay)

So far all the documention I've seen about pay, lists them as "Level 1, Level 2, Level 3..." and not, "Low, Medium, High".

Am I right in thinking LCpl High Band is Level 8 (£22,924 in 2009)?

This now appears to becoming a stickie about LCpl Pay bands.

However, to answer your question...each rank in the relevant bands has a series of increments (usually 1 to what ever). It all depends on where you enter the band. A newly promoted LCpl is not going to go to the top of the tree. It is likely that they will enter at level 1 or 2 and will then move up the ladder.

You go up one increment each year. If you reach the top before getting promoted to the next rank, then you mark time. If you are promoted, great.

There is no medium.

jack_bastard said:
One of my guys transferred as an Inf LCpl to Int and had to take a pay cut because he was told than Int Corps LCpl's are not higher band.

Errrrrrrrrrrrm thats quite confusing, Im an Int Corps Lance Jack and Im higher band, Ive never come across a transferee who has had to take a paycut............

They used to be high band but they changed it in the last couple of years. Otherwise you would have enlisted ranks joining the Army on £23k a year after training! As much, if not more, as a non-grad officer!

No you are utterly wrong Im sorry. Oh and why the hell should some 19 year old subaltern get payed more than me (JNCO's produce 80% if not more of the product) just because he's an officer?!

This was also confirmed to me by another trooper who was told the same at the AFCO when applying for Int.

Again Im baffled

I accept that there is a possibility that both a RAWO and an AFCO Sgt are wrong however.

Yep

In fact, I would really appreciate a definitive answer on this from a serving LCpl in Int. So I can delete this post and run away with my tail between my legs.

Consider it done!