Read The Question (or at least the Thread) first

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by CAARPS, Jan 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having just read the ‘Merged Threads’ thread in the NAAFI

Right then (Hunches shoulders in an indignant way)

Is it only me (probable), or do other people get annoyed when they take the time to read a thread all the way through before they consider, compose and post their response, engage in debate and (sometimes) argument for a while, then depart (get dragged off by other half) only to come back to see the thread considerably longer, however, it has just gone round in circles.

Now we all have a point to make and have a desire to be heard, but it really grips me when I return to a thread only to find some lazy sod has (apparently) clicked on the first page, then the last page, ignored the content of all the pages in between and posts a response that has been answered or debated (sometimes over & over) on earlier pages. The whole point is then re-debated over and over again.

Without trying to sound like a boring old fart (which is exactly what I am by the way), I am only referring to the more serious forums, there is obviously lots of areas on the site for banter and banality.

So I offer this plea:

Please, Please, Please, read a thread, find out what others have posted, if you have something new to offer to move the thread on, or vehemently agree or disagree with another poster do so, if not don’t

Or just tell me to stop ‘Drinking Angry’ and wind my neck in.

I just had to get that off my chest,

2. fcuking hell, people say i'm highly strung..... and breath out......

3. Good luck on your quest CAARPS. I think you've got more chance of swimming to the moon in a hollowed out member of the Spice Girls than people actually bothering to read a thread before they post on it.

4. Flash

To much red wine, I always drink angry on red wine

But even in old age, I live in hope!!!!!!!

5. What's this thread about then????

I couldn't be bothered reading all of the thread.....:D

6. whats a thread???

int that wot u stitch ur strides wi???

7. Is it only me (probable), or do other people get annoyed when they take the time to read a thread all the way through before they consider, compose and post their response, engage in debate and (sometimes) argument for a while, then depart (get dragged off by other half) only to come back to see the thread considerably longer, however, it has just gone round in circles.

Now we all have a point to make and have a desire to be heard, but it really grips me when I return to a thread only to find some lazy sod has (apparently) clicked on the first page, then the last page, ignored the content of all the pages in between and posts a response that has been answered or debated (sometimes over & over) on earlier pages. The whole point is then re-debated over and over again.

Without trying to sound like a boring old fart (which is exactly what I am by the way), I am only referring to the more serious forums, there is obviously lots of areas on the site for banter and banality.

So I offer this plea:

Please, Please, Please, read a thread, find out what others have posted, if you have something new to offer to move the thread on, or vehemently agree or disagree with another poster do so, if not don’t

Or just tell me to stop ‘Drinking Angry’ and wind my neck in.

I just had to get that off my chest, I hope nobody has posted similar earlier... :blowkiss:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Good luck on your quest Cuddles. I think you've got more chance of swimming to the moon in a hollowed out member of the Spice Girls than people actually bothering to read a thread before they post on it. :frustrated:

9. What's this thread about then????

10. To much red wine, I always drink angry on red wine

11. What's this thread about then????

12. fcuking hell, people say i'm highly strung..... and breath out......

13. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

To much red wine, I always drink angry on red wine

14. Yes, bears should be armed.

15. No way, Stargate Atlantis is far better than Tales of the Golden Monkey.

Nice jacket though