Read em and weep

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by jumpinjarhead, Feb 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1
  1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

There was a fair bit of sect 5 recently through Holts, strictly hands off and locked away but fun to watch the bidding on a Mint MP40 and an M16.

2. If you are sect 5 dealer can you legally test fire them ?
  3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I'll ask one on monday!
    I was going be be confident and say when I win the lottery I'll let you know but hey who knows?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. You used to be able to.

Back in the day before they got all shirty about gun ownership a blind eye was turned to many of the rules that dealers are supposed to adhere to. There was a call into the nick one time about someone firing machine guns on a rural Wiltshire/Hampshire farm. So the next time the area car is around the bloke pops in for a chat and to cadge a coffee, as area car drivers in the sticks do. He knocks on the door of the farmhouse, no answer, he peers around outside and there is no sign of life. In that nosey plod like manner he starts wandering around the farm outbuildings and finds not only boxes and boxes and boxes of everything from mint unopened MP40's, Stens, Brens, Lee Enfields, mortars, small artillery pieces and a couple of armoured vehicles plus all the ammo for the was boxed, unboxed, in heaps laying around on benches, on the floor in sheds in barns. I was on my Scenes of Crime attachment for a month when it happened and went along with the SOCO DS to take the happy snaps for evidence. The 'defendants' day job was film producer (no names) he had asked for and received a section 5 so that he could buy all the gear to make one of the big war movies that came out in the late 60's. He just never got around to getting rid of the stuff because he spent most of his year in Hollywood or away on location somewhere sometimes when he was back at the farm he'd go out and blatt off a few, which is how he got found out..........back then (late 70's) he got a stiff talking to from the judge along with a fine of a few thousand. Imagine what he'd get nowadays.
  5. I think that test fire thing might happen with rarer things like that...I guess if mr Sect. 5 has a range to fiddle with them on why not.
  6. Yes

7. more than britain's most vile gay serial killer with the daily mail headline "think of the poor children hang this monster now" :twisted: