Re: Walts - Contact at Glasgow?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by redsquirrel, Oct 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies all, if this has been answered - I've been away for a while. Did anyone ever secure a contact at Glasgow to check on the legitimacy of potential Walts?

I've just had a CV put in front of me that doesn't ring true. It runs a bit like this...

TA to Regs then back to TA before re-enlisting as a Reg and serving with SFSG/1 Para as a CMT1. Seems a little far fetched to me. Thoughts anyone?

2. Sounds legit.

3. Easy enough to check, surely?

4. I'm just waiting for this bloke's number so I can try to follow it up. I'd like to think it is all legit but I'd like to be in no doubt at all. If you have a suggestion on how to verify, please could you PM me?

5. I'd like to think so, but he's moved around so much it makes me suspicious. TA (infantry) to Reg (RLC) to TA (RLC) to Reg (RAMC) to SFSG at the age of 34?

6. Why don't you ask for Referees associated with his previous employment? Sounds perfectly reasonable to have been a medic attached to the SFSG.

7. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Spin me his name via PM, I may be able to do some digging. If YOU'RE not legit I'll have your legs broken.

8. Yup, tried that - cheers. He's very reluctant to provide anyone who I can contact ('because of the nature of the work'). I've asked for his number but he doesn't want to send that either, which is what made me cautious.

9. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Sounds like a complete pile of bollocks frankly. Doesn't want to give out his number? What is it, 007?

• Like Like x 2
  10. That's the clincher. Providing his personal number will compromise the square root of fcuk all in respect of security etc. He's a bluffer.

11. Well, wouldn't a CMT be at whatever 23 PFA is these days?

12. To add some balance here. If I applied for a job, and someone sent me an email asking for service numbers and people who can confirm I was for real, I'd be inclined to tell them to **** off. I have no interest in whether this bloke is what he says he is. But refusing to give irrelevant information isn't exactly a deal breaker. Perhaps, he is just an ex squaddie who has moved around a bit, and who is now trying to find a job, only to be fucked around with silly questions. Only to then have people come onto the internet to try and humilate him.

• Like Like x 2
  13. If you're bigging it with a warry service record and using that to get yourself into a post, then you should be prepared to have it checked.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 16 Med Regiment I think?

15. I doubt my post has humiliated him!