RE: View's on MTP 'should it stay or should it go?'

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Signallers, Jan 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Signallers

Signallers Book Reviewer

Although they are very effective in the environments they were designed for, woodland DPM and desert DPM are much less effective when operating in a mixed landscape such as that found in Afghanistan.

- MTP is designed to perform consistently over a wide range of environments.

- A few of the Newer spec's who like it what about it? Anyone in a rush to let it go? I couldn't wait to get out of CS95's to be honest though!

Not Arrogant, Just Better!

2. What a shit thread.

• Like Like x 1
  3. This thread could go...

4. Signallers

Signallers Book Reviewer

Like MTP then?

5. I couldn't really give a flying one.........................................................next;

6. I for one think we should go back to tunics and tweeds. I also thing that the rank and file should be beaten for daring to look at an officer.

• Like Like x 3
  7. If the scientists say the colours and pattern work then I'm all for it.

The design of the PCS is a vast improvement on CS95, so just on those grounds it should stay in.

In barracks I'm a big fan of "In and Up" for shirt sleeve order and JWH for colder times, but just 'cos I like it doesn't mean things are going to change.

The money was wasted on FAD, that Barracks Dress is a retrograde abomination and should all be burned on the waste ground at the back of the QMs.

IMHO

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thank **** for that!...Finally someone has started a thread about MTP..............Now, if a kindly mod could make it sticky................

9. I think we just run round naked and be issued with extra cam cream, specific to theatre. Think of the saving.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I've just done a quick poll in my room and the overall consensus is who gives a ****.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Is that cam cream all the way to the wrists or above the elbow in barracks?

12. Depends on if it's shirtsleeve order I suppose

13. ...and when is it on issue to the Cadets?

14. What cam cream ?

15. I wear the old JHW with PCS. Sometimes when I can't be arsed polishing my boots, I wear my Meindls too.

**** da (fashion) police!