RE: View's on MTP 'should it stay or should it go?'

Signallers

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Although they are very effective in the environments they were designed for, woodland DPM and desert DPM are much less effective when operating in a mixed landscape such as that found in Afghanistan.

- MTP is designed to perform consistently over a wide range of environments.

- A few of the Newer spec's who like it what about it? Anyone in a rush to let it go? I couldn't wait to get out of CS95's to be honest though!

Not Arrogant, Just Better!

Z

Zarathustra

Although they are very effective in the environments they were designed for, woodland DPM and desert DPM are much less effective when operating in a mixed landscape such as that found in Afghanistan.

- MTP is designed to perform consistently over a wide range of environments.

- A few of the Newer spec's who like it what about it? Anyone in a rush to let it go? I couldn't wait to get out of CS95's to be honest though!

Not Arrogant, Just Better!
I for one think we should go back to tunics and tweeds. I also thing that the rank and file should be beaten for daring to look at an officer.

If the scientists say the colours and pattern work then I'm all for it.

The design of the PCS is a vast improvement on CS95, so just on those grounds it should stay in.

In barracks I'm a big fan of "In and Up" for shirt sleeve order and JWH for colder times, but just 'cos I like it doesn't mean things are going to change.

The money was wasted on FAD, that Barracks Dress is a retrograde abomination and should all be burned on the waste ground at the back of the QMs.

IMHO

Thank **** for that!...Finally someone has started a thread about MTP..............Now, if a kindly mod could make it sticky................

If the scientists say the colours and pattern work then I'm all for it.

The design of the PCS is a vast improvement on CS95, so just on those grounds it should stay in.

In barracks I'm a big fan of "In and Up" for shirt sleeve order and JWH for colder times, but just 'cos I like it doesn't mean things are going to change.

The money was wasted on FAD, that Barracks Dress is a retrograde abomination and should all be burned on the waste ground at the back of the QMs.

IMHO
I wear the old JHW with PCS. Sometimes when I can't be arsed polishing my boots, I wear my Meindls too.

**** da (fashion) police!

We should wait until everyone has it and then change to another pattern.

When introducing the new pattern each unit should be given enough kit for the soldiers in the unit at the time of issue but care must be taken to ensure that there is not enough kit to issue any exchanges, or facilitate the issue of clothing to any soldiers who are later posted in.

This should ensure a small amount of soldiers get to wander around looking like *****, still dressed in the previous pattern. Concurrently the ACF must be issued the new pattern so as not to feel left out.

Latest Threads