RE: Two German soldiers killed in AFG - Oct 20 2008

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Goatman, Oct 22, 2008.

?
  1. I knew that - come back when you have real news.

52.9%
  2. Well well - news to me.

5.9%
  3. Germany ?......wait, two seconds....uh...

17.6%
  4. You re from Milwaukee right ?

23.5%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Condolences thread HERE

Article from The Times
    SOURCE

For German speakers , Berliner Morgenpost HERE

I may be doing him a disservice but I'm guessing Joe Six-Pack in Peoria,Il may be surprised to learn that , alongside Brits and French, the German Army have > 3,000 people deployed in Afghanistan right now ....

Lee Shaver
    --

2. Unfortunately, they don't go outside camp in night conditions and use the spare time to get lashed up.

I've seen it for myself.

3. I don't do condolance threads. :roll:

4. Ronnie,

Is your rolling eyes emoticon because you don't do condolences, or can't spell them? :roll:

5. It's because I wanted to annoy you.

6. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

I don't give a rat's ass whether you do condolence threads or not.......feel free to use THIS thread to talk about Germans in AFG - and have the courtesy to respect those who do feel the need to say RIP in the other one.

I've worked (briefly) with Fritz....can't comment first hand on what he get's up to in Kunduz.

The accounts I've seen so far say it was a VBIED - beyond enforcing a 50 metre zone around any ISAF vehicle I don't know whether Brits would have come out any better.

Lee Shaver

7. I have respect and courtesy for them, not for you. Your asshole-ish anti-American comments and your sly attempt to blame Americans for their deaths being the cause.

8. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Say what? Ronnie I have not clue one what you're on about. Take more water with it.

9. So what was the point of the poll and the assumption the the average American doesn't (or wouldn't) know that there are German and French soldiers in Afghanistan? Sounded like a cheap shot to me, which is typical of Brit's in general.

10. Yikes....those pesky ragheads should think again....the last time the Jormons headed east, thousands died, but I imagine that the current hun govt doesn't give a daisy's

11. Calm down Ronnie !

I have also read the poll and I cannot see anything anti USA. There are two types of British humour that do not travel too well across the Atlantic known as Irony and satire.

IT'S NOT PERSONAL

You seem to have read between the lines and created something from your own opinion.

Please try to remember that this is a "Rumour" site for the British Army.

Plus you are guilty of tarring all Brits with the same brush and of being racist too. If this upsets you, then by all means, make a complaint but no one is forcing you to be on this site. There is also plenty of anti British drivel from the USA. You can't have your cake and eat it and if its too hot, get out of the kitchen.

Now please share with us your experience of working with the "Krauts" in Afghanistan and your hints & tips of dealing with IED'S.

Thankyou

12. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

SOURCE

[​IMG]

13. I think it's baby steps for FRG, in many ways World War 2 for Germany only really came to an end after re-unification.
    Whilst both the Bundeswehr and the NVA undeniably had major offensive capabilities,there was still a (official) mindset that both armies would be used for defensive purposes (i.e to resist a Soviet/NATO attack). I think this 'defensive' mindset remains strong amongst certain German politicians/members of the German public.