RE Troop Commander

D

Deleted 171662

Evening Gents,

I’m currently a serving sapper and have been given the opportunity to go for commission. Having an interview with the OC soon but after any tips from anyone that’s done it before on the process of doing it all. Also after any info on the entire process from interviews to AOSB and RMAS. Also what’s the troop commanders course like at Gib? I’ve not worked under many troop commanders mainly the QM and then QMSI so not entirely sure what troop commanders do say to day. Read the bumpf from the army jobs website but after what it’s like from a real person.

any info appreciated cheers

Evening Gents,

I’m currently a serving sapper and have been given the opportunity to go for commission. Having an interview with the OC soon but after any tips from anyone that’s done it before on the process of doing it all. Also after any info on the entire process from interviews to AOSB and RMAS. Also what’s the troop commanders course like at Gib? I’ve not worked under many troop commanders mainly the QM and then QMSI so not entirely sure what troop commanders do say to day. Read the bumpf from the army jobs website but after what it’s like from a real person.

Skive in the mess normally.

Evening Gents,

Speak to your own troop commander, who will have done it less than 2 years ago, roughly. He has done everything you need to know about, won't bluff you because, well, he is your troopie, and he has all day everyday to tell you about it so you can get right into the nuts and bolts with him.

chimera

LE
Just curious - if you are a serving Sapper and you have only worked for the QM (stores?) and QMSIs (Trg Wing?) what trade are you, and why have you never been in a field troop?

If you are being offered the opportunity to go for Sandhurst entry commission, you must be doing something for that offer to have been made without you asking? So when you go and see your OC, I would ask him/her if you might have the opportunity to speak with some of the field troop commanders about answering your questions.

Latest Threads