Re-Treds

Discussion in 'REME' started by ArmySurplusSpecial, Sep 16, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I want to post this topic as i really want to know others opinions on it.

most people get fed up of thier jobs from time to time and some do decide to re-trade.

heres an example- A class 1 VM(A) who i know is re-trading to Tech Storeman, variety of reasons why but mainly promotion to WO1 and being first in and last out of work reasons. He has been accepted but has been told he will relinquish his rank and revert to Cfn for at least 6 months on re trade. he will then be promoted accordingly from there, all seniority will be lost.

To say this is wrong is an understatement, i know people who have transfered from other regiments and corps and kept their rank, have been accelerated to class 1 and have done well out of it.

If this is REME looking after its soldiers then god help us!!!

2. Call me an old cynic but this sounds like a case of MCM Div not really wanting the bloke to re-trade....
    We're short of VMs but not that short of Tech Storemen.

3. 8O call me a cynic but if they made being a VM a bit more appealing we wouldnt have blokes transferring and a recruitment problem?? whats the incentive to be in the REME at all nowadays? i dont see much. but i suppose im just plodding along! :?

4. Surely if a LCpl VM is retrading to Tech Storeman he should not have to revert to the rank of Cfn I would of thought after the counting course he would be promoted to Sgt, one, two, three and we should have four? er I think we're missing one! Lets count em again. one, two..............

5. The reason they lose rank to Cfn, is so that when they get to Bordon, the RS and Tiffies can F***K them around a whole load more!.......simple really.

Ohhhhh.......go on someone please disagree with me............................i reckon most of the Corps are just itching to get on here and have a pop at you!

6. Wakening Dispute, I take it you were bullied as a kid. It's ok, I promise not to bully you if I ever meet you. :lol:

7. Up in Inverness eh wedge?

Bought your caubeen yet then?

8. AAAAAAARRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I hate those stupid feckin' things. It looks like a grip bag that's seen better days. Would never buy one anyway.

I just can't wait 'till March, when I go to Bordon.
    ( I promise not to bugger anyone about) :lol:

9. Hey Tank-Doctor - if you think you've got problems, try being a VE Cpl right now !!

whats a caubeen ?

Courage is just fear holding on a moment longer.

10. Hey prs069 - go support a decent team !

11. Poor old A Mechs. :(
    Absoloute disgraceful slave labour. :(
    Salt of the earth. :)
    Helpful to the end, (even nosey at times). 8)
    Nocturnal. :?
    Weather beaten tough guys, (used to be). :)
    Leant on by lots of us. :oops:
    Absoloutly earn their crust. 8)
    Glad I was never one. :D

12. Firstly it is an asoulute disgrace to reliquish rank and seniority. Secondly a VM would make a very good Tech Storeman knowledge of tools etc, and change the way he was once treated by the Tech Streman. Thirdly why doesnt everyone retrade, because F*** grafting for a living, freezing ones tits of turning spanners for the same CASH.

13. Oh! One more thing about A Mechs. :roll: They don't get paid enough money. :( I suggest their pay could be raised by taking some money from the cellar dwelling, Sun crossword completing, ASM dodging, dart throwing Armourers. :!:

14. Oh! One more thing about A Mechs. :roll: They don't get paid enough money. :( I suggest their pay could be raised by taking some money from the cellar dwelling, Sun crossword completing, ASM dodging, dart throwing Armourers. :!:

15. I do have one question about retreads! What happens if VE's and Gunfitters/armourers fail their respective retread courses, and will they have to do a PAAB at the end of the course like everyone else now????