RE: the corps ASM and the audio tape

Discussion in 'REME' started by gundog, Jul 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The corps ASM does not have an audio tape player inserted into his posterior. The original poster has got got confused. What really happens is when a tiffy student arrives at Bordon or Arborfield for his course in addition to the spine being removed, their brain is removed and a tape player fitted in its place. This allows the tiffy to then insert the correct tape for the required occasion. For example the latest DEME A directive for when he next visits. However what with advances in technology there is now an immediate mod being prepared to facilitate the removal of the tape unit and replace it with a DVD drive to allow more info to be stored and faster access to relevant files.
  2. How behind are you?

Ever heard of a hard drive?
    And i dont mean a 4t bedford
  3. Sorry Humph, negelected to read your previous post.

4. It has to be a dvd drive because of the amount of info that needs to be accessed. Conventional hard drive technology can just about manage total quality, though there will be a facility to temporarily store data in a RAM ection.
  5. Correct. But the Army bought the cheap crap one that has mechanical problems.

Often heard from desk jockey tiffies - "Oh I cant do that" (clutching area of spine) "it's me slipped disc"! 8O

Ok, I'm getting me coat!!! :D :D :D
  6. :D HaHA good one
  7. Did you not have the brains or the spine to go tiffy yourself then?
  8. We all know that tiffies need the brains, agreed.

But you really are extracting the urine when you make out spines are also required by tiffies.
  9. You don't need a spine to make an important decision, just experience, knowledge and leadership. So ask yourself which one is the Artisan missing, and that will tell you why we have what we have. QED.
  10. I had both, I also had self respect :lick: :lick: :lick: :lick: javascript:emoticon('post', 'message', ':lick:')