RE Surveyor

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by A_Knocker_Till_The_End, Jul 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. found this pic on the intergeek & was wondering if the rest of THE CORPS (past & present) thought it was a true representation :?: :?: :?: :?:

[​IMG]

any other trades out there :?: :?: :?: :?:

2. a true representation of the Geo-techs yes

3. Spot on. I like.

4. Nice way to wear your beret. kinda nonchalent

5. GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKS

no i think the representation is a myth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Isn't that an officer's BD blouse? With an OR's capbadge? This isn't going to turn out as another walt-hunting session, is it?

Please somebody tell me that OR's sometimes wore BD blouses with white linings.

(and why is this page so wide?)

7. Knocker,

That uniform looks the same as the ones we wore in training and yes it is a true likeness of a surveyor.

Sparky

8. Did the T3 Eng Surveyors course,at Chatham in '65.Proper surveying with WW2 instruments! Then took up proper soldiering,and the rest is....history.Don't remember anyone remotely looking like the pic,on my course!

9. There's a saying on another thread, about walts. The saying is, if you can't recognise the walt in your pub, it must be you.

If you can't remember the geek on your surveyors course... ... ... :D

10. I suspect it's Donald C. Thyer in 1945-47. Apparently made Sgt before he left. Moved to Canada.

11. i like your train of thought there lobster my friend :D :D :D :D