RE SNCO Course advice

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by theonlyone, Feb 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Due to attend the SNCO cse at Chath ham any prep advice for it??

2. Don't do it fella !!!! Keep your spine in full servicability!!!!

Get a new set of kidneys & a new liver on standby if any of the stories from my mates are anything to go by.

If i find anything else out i will post details.

Laters

3. Just turn up and get on with it, nothing about it is difficult. All the horror sories are bull.

4. Did my course a couple of years ago now, so it may have changed a little.

Brush up on your defence writing, admin programmes and works reports as these are marked and go towards to your final grade, as does your turnout for drill!!

If its still the same you will be tested on all ITD subjects on day one and be expected to pass.

Don't do what I did, which was to have a wife and a one week old baby living on Great Lines. The lack of sleep can be a real bummer!!

5. Its easy enough to be honest - l did mine last november, fizz is easy enough - first day was a BPFA run only in whatever time your age allows, a route recce on the exercise hard run route on the wednesday, then green pt along the same route the following route with stretchers the following wednesday - bear in mind it's section comps so u can only be as fast as the slowest man.
    Definately take the new JSP101, as their is loads of service writing culminating in a comprehensive admin instruction. From this admin instruction you also present a verbal presentation on your exercise selection.
    The rest of it is just routine lessons, make sure your 2's and BBoots are A1 as the Corps RSM inspects. A drill assessment follows which includes rifle drill. (you will get revision, despite what the joining instructions say!)
    The Regt dinner is on the last wed night, so goes without saying you will need ur ginger drinking suit
    Enjoy!!

6. wouldn't worry about the drill, esp the inspection which is scored, the Current RSM is Big V himself and as an ex MT bloke he's arse at drill and just uses the inspection to say hello and meet folk from old.

The course is nothing tto flash, but like all courses run by command wing if you know the team running it you've passed already and in the top third... but thats the way of the corp.. :)

Mostly DR and planning... enjoy

7. Just like the JCC at Gib run by instructor troop then :evil: :evil:

8. like the murphys.................................. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

9. You know its true though
    Look at all the ramp and deckers on our course who were in the runing for top student (Not that i would have made TS im arrse but i mean , jesus!)

10. I thought you would have finished top heart stopper,
    I mean with your powers of negotiation and diplomacy.

11. you know him well then :?: :?: :?: :?:

12. Are you trying to say otherwise :D :D :D :D :D where do you think my punch them in the throat phrase comes from? :p

13. known him for far far far too many years (16+).

14. Do you not think that a conversation about him on a SNCO course advice thread is IRONIC :p

15. he has more chance than me :!: :!: :!: :!: