Re-shuffle

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Forces_Sweetheart, Jun 9, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Expect a cabinet re-shuffle this week or next.

My sources tell me that Alan Milburn (Health) or Patricia Hewitt (DTI) will be the new Sec of State for Defence.

I believe the latter would be the first woman to hold that post?

2. So where will "Buff" Hoon end up?

3. Carrying the can......  ;D

4. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

)
    ....preferably filled with concrete, chained around his ankles, and at the bottom of a deep blue sea.

Given Milburn's track record, the army will be decimated to 1 regiment of just over 5000 men while he tells the world that we are fully recruited and that overstretch is a term used to describe a vigourous warming up session before PT (hospitals and waiting lists..abstract concepts to the Minister of State for Health  :-/ )

Hewitt is equally as bad and mendatious, she just hasn't had the beefit of being caught at it.

5. I've heard its going to be John Prescott ...

He's handy in a fight, and has considerable experience of running military operations (Fresco).   ::)

6. Prescott, we may laugh but I wonder....

Now look here Yasser, sort it out, before I sort you out.
    Got into a fight with your lot in Haifa back in 19dot. Fookin Ayrabs, shirt lifters the lot of em.Ah've sh1t 'em , I was in the merchant navy you know, Port Said? I can tell you some stories, the only WMD's they've got, is that bluidy belly dancer at the Purple Rose , Lovely bit of stoof she was

Yes, Prescott. I think we need a paid up Rajpot at the MOD  :-/

7. Hoon will disappear.  Hewitt is seen as a safe pair of hands.  She is very cautious but I would wish her on you rather than Milburn.  Could be worse though - Prezza would be unbearable, as would Hain, Clarke or Boateng.

8. John Reid covets the job, has done for a long time.

9. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

I thought Hoon was one of Tony's best mates, and no matter how bad, he never sacks them. Just look at Gay Mandy (I don't work for the BBC, so I can say what I like about his lifestyle!)

10. Estelle Morris is due for a return I am told, think of that and tremble.

Could do worse than Blunkett at MOD. Now ACPO and the police federation have brought him to heal.

Trotsky

11. Alan Milburn....you are a crap SofS Def.....

...just thought I'd get that in, in advance like! ;D

...oh, please don't let the bint get the job...we'll all be knitting jumpers and doing even more refugee-hugging social work across the globe... :mad:

12. OMG - What sort of state will the NHS be in if he goes?  ::)

13. Buff is rumoured to be off to head a new 'Justice Ministry'. This is to be formed to enable Derry Irvine to be sidetracked (or to retire to enjoy his wallpaper and rather generous pension rights).

14. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

All sounds Orwellian... watch out for the thought police won't you  :-/

15. None of the proposed candidates should be let anywhere near a whelk stall, far less H.M.F. Still, lucky Red Ken's well out of favour, eh!